• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Im honestly very disappointed with this new gen. Of course from a business perspective i can understand not bending to the enthusiasts demands, but i really wanted a hatchback si. But they way its looking, i dont even think the si will get a power bump and might be slower than the 10th gen, given that all the other trims are slower. They’ll tout its slightly improved handling as its main upgrade, but thats not enough to justify trading my coupe. I dont have my hopes up for the si reveal, but still holding out hope i guess.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Or even just a touring. Its really not much of a difference, a simple tune would make them even
There's quite a bit difference between the touring and Si such as larger brake rotors, adaptive dampeners, stiffer springs, more rigid stabilizer bars(especially in rear), Type-R bushings, and of course the limited slip-differential. I believe there's also variable ratios with the power steering and the suspension has sport tuning.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Or even just a touring. Its really not much of a difference, a simple tune would make them even
If the LSD was an easy swap I might get a Sport Touring hatch 6mT and drop it in. LEDs and LSD are a must for me, the upgraded stereo maybe too.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
If the LSD was an easy swap I might get a Sport Touring hatch 6mT and drop it in. LEDs and LSD are a must for me, the upgraded stereo maybe too.
Well, remember how Honda added a volume knob after many people complain? If....if...many people express the disappointment of not having a Hatcj Si, many Honda will make it in 2-3 years time .

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
i dont even think the si will get a power bump and might be slower than the 10th gen, given that all the other trims are slower.
I think cars in general are going to keep going this way. Everything went turbo due to EPA requirements, so we lost a lot of great N/A engines, but got cheap easy horsepower. The EPA is a hungry beast though and is never satisfied, so even tiny turbo engines will get neutered. We’ll end up with either hybrid performance, or anemic econoboxes.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I think cars in general are going to keep going this way. Everything went turbo due to EPA requirements, so we lost a lot of great N/A engines, but got cheap easy horsepower. The EPA is a hungry beast though and is never satisfied, so even tiny turbo engines will get neutered. We’ll end up with either hybrid performance, or anemic econoboxes.
Only if the American public accepts hybrids and econoboxes. The powerful vehicle industry won’t fund the campaigns of politicians who destroy their market. The latest thing is carbon credits anyway, rather than just regulations.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Hopefully the Si gets seats that look as good as the ones in the Japanese video for the hatchback. Looked like, but prob wasn’t, alcantara. The current Si seats are comfortable but the design looks a little cheesy.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
OT:

It's coming...

Cheaper and faster than an NSX in Exhibition class:

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Confirms 2022 Civic Si Will Be Sedan Only 1624943550792

Warp mode:

VicVal01

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
There's quite a bit difference between the touring and Si such as larger brake rotors, adaptive dampeners, stiffer springs, more rigid stabilizer bars(especially in rear), Type-R bushings, and of course the limited slip-differential. I believe there's also variable ratios with the power steering and the suspension has sport tuning.
The average owner wouldnt even notice the difference between the two, except for lsd. Bigger brake rotors? Unless you’re tracking it. Dampers? Many get coilovers anyway. You would need to track both to really feel the difference between the two. Use the price difference on some suspension upgrades and a tune and you have a slightly less sporty si

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
The average owner wouldnt even notice the difference between the two, except for lsd. Bigger brake rotors? Unless you’re tracking it. Dampers? Many get coilovers anyway. You would need to track both to really feel the difference between the two. Use the price difference on some suspension upgrades and a tune and you have a slightly less sporty si
I'll admit the ST Hatch is a very nice version of the Civic, I think it costs several thousand dollars more than an Si doesn't it?

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
I think Honda is leaving a lot of money on the table by not making a hatchback SI, especially now that the coupe is gone. I have an '18 sedan SI, but would have preferred a hatch, and I think the coupe buyers would prefer the hatch over the sedan.

I hope that at least they give the SI sedan the sharper nose from the hatch.
Email Honda and let them know what you want. I did.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
That stinks about the non-hatch Si. I'd be a buyer of a Si Hatch as well. Silly Honda. Side note, not that it matters to me, but I hope they use the updated front fascia from the hatch on the Si Sedan. The sedan front grill looks fugly.
Sponsored