• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Honda Bringing Back Cheaper 2023 Civic, CR-V LX Trims

https://www.carsdirect.com/automoti...ringing-back-cheaper-2023-civic-cr-v-lx-trims

"...order guide data reveals that Honda is bringing back the LX trims for both models in a surprising turn of events. This will result in lower base prices for consumers.

A Honda spokesperson confirmed the change in an email to CarsDirect yesterday, though the company's online configurator does not yet show the cheaper 2023 Civic or CR-V. Honda did not provide a reason for the change in trim strategy, though the move comes during a period of economic uncertainty for consumers."
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I welcome the trim back.

The Sport is popular but isn't a reason to abandon a trim less popular. If a Civic is made and isn't marked up or even when it is. A Civic is then sold.

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
I think it’s a good move… the lowest trim 23’ Corolla is $23,6xx. The Civic LX brings the base Civic price closer to this.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Bring back the LX and put the 1.5 turbo back in the sport hatch. Profit...

Not necessarily- it would cannibalize from other more expensive trims which could have larger margins. They must have identified a portion of the population that was on the fence and are trying to pull the in the yard.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I thought it was a bit odd that the new Accord got an LX trim at all after they dropped it for the civic and CR-V.

But even being able to advertise a lower point of entry has its own merits even if the take rates are relatively low and profit margins aren't ideal, they don't have to produce a ton of them knowing the sport trims will sell more units. But it's also not a great look when your entry level vehicle is thousands more than any of your competitors offerings.

It may have also been a production capacity / supply issue that has more or less resolved itself.

Either way, budgets for many people are tightening with inflation and interest rates still rising. Losing even low profit margin sales to competitors will still eat into the bottom line over time. This could also potentially be early preparation setup for the addition of the civic hybrid variants coming next year in some way, as I'm sure we'll see a shuffling of trim/engine combos.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Not necessarily- it would cannibalize from other more expensive trims which could have larger margins. They must have identified a portion of the population that was on the fence and are trying to pull the in the yard.
I mean I had 2 of the 10th Sport hatches with the 1.5 turbo and they were great and way cheaper than the current Sport hatch with the 2.0 NA motor. I would probably buy another one if they weren't still so overpriced for used vehicles.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Bring back the LX and put the 1.5 turbo back in the sport hatch. Profit...
I've been offended ever since Honda started selling the 10th gen "Sport" model that didn't have a turbo on it. :rolleyes:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
That was a big gripe from me once we saw the 11th hatch release. It made no sense whatsoever to go backwards and up the price. 20-21 Sport hatch was the best of the line IMO.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Yeah, I agree. As a current sport hatch owner, I have ZERO desire to upgrade to the new model without the turbo. Stupid move by honda. They're losing many potential customers who share my sentiment.
Sponsored