• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hondata + TSB 18-137

utparatrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Honda had just come out with TSB 18-137 (December 21, 2018) in an effort to address the oil dilution issue. The list of vehicles include the 2018 Si, which I have. Part of the process includes a software update.

I had also originally scheduled a reflash at a dealer, but wanted to know if and how this software update as part of the remedy would impact a reflash.

The recommendation I had received was to wait until there is more clarity or an update to the FlashPro manager (assuming a new version is necessary) to work with the factory software update.

Note: given where I am located, my VIN currently does not come up for the recall, but I figured it will eventually come around to the southern states sometime in 2019.

Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport
Honda had just come out with TSB 18-137 (December 21, 2018) in an effort to address the oil dilution issue. The list of vehicles include the 2018 Si, which I have. Part of the process includes a software update.

I had also originally scheduled a reflash at a dealer, but wanted to know if and how this software update as part of the remedy would impact a reflash.

The recommendation I had received was to wait until there is more clarity or an update to the FlashPro manager (assuming a new version is necessary) to work with the factory software update.

Note: given where I am located, my VIN currently does not come up for the recall, but I figured it will eventually come around to the southern states sometime in 2019.

Any advice is appreciated.
I am curious about that also.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
         '18 Si Coupe     '19 Si Sedan   '00 Civic Si    '00 LSV Integra
Software being used to fix the problem? Sounds like a cheap way to slow the oil dilution issue instead of fixing it. I can almost guarantee that this re-flash will do one of two things;
  1. Render KTuner/Hondata unable to re-flash due to software/security changes.
  2. Be completely overwritten once KTuner/Hondata are re-flashed.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
Apparently it's to change the closed loop cold start procedure in which the ECU is dumping fuel and running the car rich to warm up and warm up the cat.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
I had the recall done at my local Honda dealer. I went back to King Motorsports to have the Hondata +9 tune put back on my car a week later. I went with the $350 dealer flash option instead of buying the Hondata Flashpro. Everything went as smooth as can be.
Sponsored