• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Clearly I wasn't since I don't own a 10th gen Si. My sport hatch probably makes 220 whp. If I had the Si's air induction and MAF mine might maybe make 235? That was my whole point. My guess is tuned vs tuned, the 11th gen shows better gains. Probably somewhere in the order of 15 to 20 whp more due to the better turbo being used in the 11th gen.
We’re all talking about si’s here not comparing it to the hatchback. TSP Stage 1+/Phearable 1.5R have already shown 250whp/~300wtq with just 93 octane. Regardless, this might make power earlier and more power on the top end of the trend continues.
Sponsored

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Twin scroll!!?? Wow, want to see the turbo inlet for confirmation! ?

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
You guys know that old saying that "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow"? Not a perfect analogy to the Si but close.
My friend used to tell me that about his Miata, then he had to borrow my LNF last month because his Miata was down. He had so much fun he borrowed it again last week for an instructor course (he's an instructor at Road Atl). He is now waiting on his xmas bonus to see if he can buy it from me. If any of the CTR owners that were at Road Atlanta last week are in here, its the black Cobalt that placed 1st in class and came in like 5th overall.

I've had slow cars and now I have fast cars. Fast cars are much more fun to drive fast than slow cars. People that claim its more fun to drive a slow car fast have either never had a fast car, and/or lack the skills to drive a fast car.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Motortrend tested 7.1s for 0-60 and 15.3 quarter mile??? Holy $#!% Someone is clearly wrong or lying, I'm just not sure who yet. :dunno:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I've had slow cars and now I have fast cars. Fast cars are much more fun to drive fast than slow cars. People that claim its more fun to drive a slow car fast have either never had a fast car, and/or lack the skills to drive a fast car.
Sure of course, that's the reality.

But there is some truth in the saying. For example, my old 1st gen Integra. For a car with only 113 hp and not much torque it was still seriously fun to wring out to redline through the first couple gears. It helped that it probably weighed like 2300 some pounds. Not fast, but more fun than you'd expect.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
My friend used to tell me that about his Miata, then he had to borrow my LNF last month because his Miata was down. He had so much fun he borrowed it again last week for an instructor course (he's an instructor at Road Atl). He is now waiting on his xmas bonus to see if he can buy it from me. If any of the CTR owners that were at Road Atlanta last week are in here, its the black Cobalt that placed 1st in class and came in like 5th overall.

It depends on where you are driving them. Fast cars can be more fun, but you really have to take them to the track to have any real fun with them. A lot of fast cars aren't that engaging to drive at 4/5/6th tenths. Fast sure, fun.. maybe.

A slow car can be driven closer to the limit on the streets and pushing a car closer to its limit is often more engaging.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold)
I honestly think as in powertrain wise its gonna be the same as the 10th gen. My guess the 11th gen would push slighty higher numbers on both ethonal and pump gass, 260-280hp on pump gas and 290-310hp on ethonal the torque numbers maybe the same but who knows the torque is flat and doesnt spike like the 10th gen. The turbo they put on the 11gen must be a truly IH03 turbo not like the 10th gen MH02.5. What im really interested in is if they changed anything internaly cams,crank,rods and fuel system.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Honda's advertised power figures differ from the dyno.
With 4.466:1 ratio, why does the speed differ -10 MPH with -54 RPM difference and then +21 MPH at -12 RPM difference on the 2 charts?
11th Gen Honda Civic Hondata's 11th gen 2022 Civic Si Dyno Baseline Numbers -- Top end shows a big difference! 17 si vs 22 si baselines

I'm not so sure Honda would downrate it 5 HP if it really makes 21hp more:hmm:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
17 si vs 22 si baselines.png

As crazy as this sounds, manufacturer power numbers are sometimes "inaccurate" for a bunch of reasons. Maybe Honda under reported the power in the new Si so they can publish higher numbers for the upcoming more expensive Integra even though the reality is both cars will have the same actual power. It's marketing.

Similar to when Honda under reported the 10th gen non-Si 1.5T's power output.

Last edited:

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 RSX-S, '18 NSX, '21 TLX-S, '22 RDX ASpec
With 4.466:1 ratio, why does the speed differ -10 MPH with -54 RPM difference and then +21 MPH at -12 RPM difference on the 2 charts?
17 si vs 22 si baselines.png

The tire diameter may not have been input correctly on one of the tests, or a different gear could have been used, etc. The DynaPack doesn't care much.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Maybe the car enters a "dyno mode" when it detects it is on a dyno (using the wheel speed sensor data)? And this dyno mode shows a best case scenario (aka bullshit) for power output.

Total guess on my part, but I don't know how else to explain a car with similar weight, gearing, an additional 20-ish whp is running, at best, similar times to the old car.
If all we have are the MT numbers then consider that they were at the same press launch as everyone else. No prepped surface. Not even necessarily a flat surface. Just standard tarmac. Probably no real opportunity to do multiple launches and attempt different RPM clutch dumps. They at best took a VBox did a few test runs while they had the car. Who even knows if it was their standard test driver. Just whoever was at the launch. Driver skill will matter a lot in launching a MT FWD car. Not to mention fully disabling traction control with the pedal dance. Given all that, it is frankly irresponsible for MT to publish the numbers. But, hey, they got the clicks.

Given what we’ve seen, I suspect the actual tested numbers will look a bit better. Close the the 10th. And once C&D throws in rollout even better still.

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
but you really have to take them to the track to have any real fun with them. A lot of fast cars aren't that engaging to drive at 4/5/6th tenths. Fast sure, fun.. maybe.

A slow car can be driven closer to the limit on the streets and pushing a car closer to its limit is often more engaging.
I've been hearing that rhetoric in the community since my days on 8thgencivic when the Mazdaspeed3 and Cobalt SS came out nearly 15 years ago. If the Civic community actually believed that, they wouldn't be modifying their cars to be faster, yet tuning is prolific in the Civic community.

I can push my car full tilt on the road without breaking laws and its a hell of a lot more fun than my 8th gen Si's or Preludes were because I could easily push them to their limits and though I could do better, the car couldn't. Also, a fast car at 75% can be faster and more fun than a slow car at 100%. Better to have the power and not use it than not have enough and want more.
Sponsored