• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Patel

First Name
Patel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport
Hello,
We just picked up our 2022 Civic Si and took it over to our dyno for a baseline. The 11th gen Civic top end is a big difference!

Click the link to see the results!

From Motor1 article:

"On paper, the 2022 Civic Si has a peak power of 200 horsepower (149 kilowatts) and 192 pound-feet (260 Newton-meters), which is down by five ponies compared to its predecessor. A new video from Hondata on YouTube shows that the actual output of the 1.5-liter turbocharged engine is 222.31 hp (163.5 kW) versus 201.33 hp (148.07 kW) measured on the dyno. Sure, the 10th generation Civic Si could’ve lost a few ponies during the years but the difference is about 10 percent nevertheless."
222hp hmmm this is getting interesting, seems like honda is pulling a bmw on this one, which is a good thing
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
I've been hearing that rhetoric in the community since my days on 8thgencivic when the Mazdaspeed3 and Cobalt SS came out nearly 15 years ago. If the Civic community actually believed that, they wouldn't be modifying their cars to be faster, yet tuning is prolific in the Civic community.

I can push my car full tilt on the road without breaking laws and its a hell of a lot more fun than my 8th gen Si's or Preludes were because I could easily push them to their limits and though I could do better, the car couldn't. Also, a fast car at 75% can be faster and more fun than a slow car at 100%. Better to have the power and not use it than not have enough and want more.
I absolutely agree on that bold point above. Having owned several cars both quick and slow, I've never agreed with "I'd rather a slow car fast than a fast car slow". In most cars I sit below 2000rpm when driving around town, as I like good mpg. I can always downshift as needed for more speed. Having a car which can accelerate, brake, and grip at above average is a greater experience even if you rarely need to use it.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
I took a screenshot of that video. "222 hp" is really 167 hp. That tune added 37 hp to bring it to 204 hp? Smells fishy.
Screenshot_20211202-181041.jpg
Hmmm

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
I looked at that again, that isn't peak HP, that's HP at 4200 RPM which is the greatest delta between the two. It's showing about 240 HP peak.

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
I took a screenshot of that video. "222 hp" is really 167 hp. That tune added 37 hp to bring it to 204 hp? Smells fishy.
Screenshot_20211202-181041.jpg
Uhhhh….

The 222hp figure is peak. The 167 is the data point they grabbed where the largest delta between untuned and tuned occurred. Look at the graphs, not just the datapoint readouts.

EDIT: You posted your correction above just as I was typing this! :)

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
240hp/262tq to my eyes - however I despise that side by side chart. I am unhappy without being able to verify the 5252 crossover. Not bothered enough to try to correct the scaling and fix it myself...

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
They at best took a VBox did a few test runs while they had the car. Who even knows if it was their standard test driver. Just whoever was at the launch. Driver skill will matter a lot in launching a MT FWD car. Not to mention fully disabling traction control with the pedal dance. Given all that, it is frankly irresponsible for MT to publish the numbers. But, hey, they got the clicks.

Given what we’ve seen, I suspect the actual tested numbers will look a bit better. Close the the 10th. And once C&D throws in rollout even better still.
irresponsible? Says who, you? Did you expect them to run it on a fully prep'ed strip in negative DA?

My issue is the performance (trap speed) isn't matching what power the car is suppose to be making. I'd like to see more data points, but something clearly isn't right.

First Name
Luigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9th Gen Si, 11th Gen SI
Post tune, can you pleeeaaassseeee do some 0-60 pulls and time them with a proper data logger?!

And, then some 1/4 mile runs. Turn off VSA and any other nonsense electronic stability control.

Oh and get a guy that drives it like he stole it ?

???

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
irresponsible? Says who, you? Did you expect them to run it on a fully prep'ed strip in negative DA?

My issue is the performance (trap speed) isn't matching what power the car is suppose to be making. I'd like to see more data points, but something clearly isn't right.
Nick Ososik Dragy testing video has close numbers to MT. He also has LOTS of wheel spin. It'll be interesting to see what it does if anyone can get it to hook

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 S2000, 2022 Golf GTI
Given the tested power output, a 1/4 mile time between 14.8-15.0 seconds @ 93-95 mph would be expected.

The MotorTrend numbers are preliminary and are only a single data point; that being said, they really are not far off from what should be expected.

The fastest Gen 10 numbers I have come across were from a 2017 model tested by CarAndDriver which ran a 14.8 @ 96 mph. That car may have been a ringer.

CarAndDriver tested a late model Gen 10 Si(2020), and it only ran a 14.9 @ 93 mph. The shorter final drive ratios found in 20/21 models and the new 11th gen are likely leading to slower acceleration as more time is being spent between gears.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan

If it isn’t your standard testing procedure then you should not put it out or you should be clear about the conditions. I’m not shilling for Honda or the 11th, but I work in publishing and I think that is irresponsible editing.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Bottom line though, too much stock is put into 0-60 and 1/4 miles times. There's so many variables from driver skill to road/track conditions, temps, humidity, wind, how much gas is in the tank etc. etc. etc...

I'm not a huge fan of the more sedate styling and the loss of some amenities sucks, but it's clear Honda has created another excellent Si.
Sponsored