• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How far can you lift up the rear wiper blade?

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
On my Hatchback, I can only lift it up for about less than 1 inch off the glass. So I am wondering if this normal for everyone else. Normal I would just take the plastic apart and take my time to see what prevent it from lifting it all the way up but here in Canada it is stupid freezing and I can't do anything about it until it is getting warmer.

The reason I am asking this because due to snow and ice building up on it and I want to clean it but I can't due to this problem.

Also one other question if anyone know, is it safe to swing the wiper arm around a little bit?
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
On my Hatchback, I can only lift it up for about less than 1 inch off the glass. So I am wondering if this normal for everyone else. Normal I would just take the plastic apart and take my time to see what prevent it from lifting it all the way up but here in Canada it is stupid freezing and I can't do anything about it until it is getting warmer.

The reason I am asking this because due to snow and ice building up on it and I want to clean it but I can't due to this problem.

Also one other question if anyone know, is it safe to swing the wiper arm around a little bit?

Looks like you might need to take this cap off, then maybe the wiper arm can fold up. Haven't tried yet myself.

11th Gen Honda Civic How far can you lift up the rear wiper blade? 1642517493131

OP
OP

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
Looks like the design isn't anything special or different from the last gen. I guess I will just take the cap out and grind the corner plastic a bit to allow the arm to lift up a bit. I doubt the wind from high speed would lift the arm up by accident which is why I think they went with this new design choice. Anyway I will be caution with what I do to the cap.

I am wondering where do you get this pdf stuff for the car.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Looks like the design isn't anything special or different from the last gen. I guess I will just take the cap out and grind the corner plastic a bit to allow the arm to lift up a bit. I doubt the wind from high speed would lift the arm up by accident which is why I think they went with this new design choice. Anyway I will be caution with what I do to the cap.

I am wondering where do you get this pdf stuff for the car.
I work for Honda, so I use them daily, but you can purchase access to the pdf manuals somewhere online I believe. I don’t remember the name of the website ?
Maybe someone else here does ??‍♂
Sponsored