• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to use LogR video-overlay function?

EvanMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CTR #01113, '17 CTR #02019 (sold), '22 Sienna
Does anyone have experience using LogR video-overlay function? I want to record video in the LogR app and then overlay the driving data onto the video. Can't find any tutorial on this anywhere and can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks,
Evan
Sponsored

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
I've not been successful yet either but I tried it this weekend at the track and learned a few things.

You need to "start datalogging" which is separate from having logR open, it won't let you do that until the car has reached operational temperatures. Then in order to have the datalogging work it needs to have a location. If you're not at any of the preset tracks you'll have to do that yourself. It keeps asking for a connection when you do that so I gave up at the track.

I tried it again when I was home and it seems like you add the location on your phone, you indicate a start and finish line on a gps map and save it under a name, then it populates on the logR in your car. I'm guessing once that's selected you can start the datalogging and start the recording on the phone. Afterwards you can ask it to sync the data on the phone app and that should create the overlay.

OP
OP
EvanMcC

EvanMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CTR #01113, '17 CTR #02019 (sold), '22 Sienna
I've not been successful yet either but I tried it this weekend at the track and learned a few things.

You need to "start datalogging" which is separate from having logR open, it won't let you do that until the car has reached operational temperatures. Then in order to have the datalogging work it needs to have a location. If you're not at any of the preset tracks you'll have to do that yourself. It keeps asking for a connection when you do that so I gave up at the track.

I tried it again when I was home and it seems like you add the location on your phone, you indicate a start and finish line on a gps map and save it under a name, then it populates on the logR in your car. I'm guessing once that's selected you can start the datalogging and start the recording on the phone. Afterwards you can ask it to sync the data on the phone app and that should create the overlay.
Good info thanks!

In times when the car was asking for a connection I had some luck by tethering to my phone - but the whole Local/Server thing and transferring to and from the phone seems convoluted.

Thanks again

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
I had the car connected to both a wifi hotspot and a phone hotspot but neither resolved it. I think because in this case it's looking for data from the phone directly and I had no locations saved there yet.

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR Crystal Black Pearl
i got everything to work except auto start lap timing for a pre-set location. i have to use manual start from the steering wheel.

has anyone got auto-start (not autoscore) lap timing to work?

for video i plan to use my gopro with a gorillapod 3k on the passenger seat. in testing that works really well and the video syncs with TrackAddict.

any good suggestions for a phone mount to record LogR app video? i'm thinking a suction mount for the front windshield is the best choice. what's best out there?

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
When I used it the auto start worked like it should. I turned on the logger and the first time I crossed start finish it began timing. My track was already in the app though so it was pretty simple to get up and running.

I was actually thinking about looking for an adapter for the Gorilla Pod to hold the phone instead of the GoPro. Getting the LogR data overlayed on a video seems like it would be pretty cool.
Sponsored