• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hyunday electric N cars

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I'm sur you guys have seen the video. I'm amazed for the future of sport cars after this video. Sure we will not see ICE development but...boy Hyundai is pushing up their products. This for me as a Honda fan is very good news. Competition brings the best and worst in every company. Hoping to see what Honda is capable!

Sponsored

Wrong Wheel Drive

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Miata
I agree, this is fantastic news. It means they’ve heard the enthusiast crowds. Hopefully this will bring evs that don’t just feel like computers on wheels(Tesla) but more like true sports cars(Porsche). Can’t wait for the future.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
The 74 is a fancy mule for a high performance FCEV that's not coming anytime soon.
RN22, just like the RN30, is a non-production concept to show where they're going.
So they're not "directly" related to what we'll be able to buy from local Hyundai dealerships.
They're working on the 570+hp Ioniq 5 N tho.

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this.
ICE or not, these heavy, 600hp beasts with luxury price tags are not exactly what I want from the N brand (or Type R)
I want something that's (relatively) light, nimble, fun to drive and somewhat affordable.

Wrong Wheel Drive

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Miata
The 74 is a fancy mule for a high performance FCEV that's not coming anytime soon.
RN22, just like the RN30, is a non-production concept to show where they're going.
So they're not "directly" related to what we'll be able to buy from local Hyundai dealerships.
They're working on the 570+hp Ioniq 5 N tho.

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this.
ICE or not, these heavy, 600hp beasts with luxury price tags are not exactly what I want from the N brand (or Type R)
I want something that's (relatively) light, nimble, fun to drive and somewhat affordable.
Evs are in there infancy still. It’ll take sometime before solid state and other ev technologies bring cost down and weight reduction.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Evs are in there infancy still. It’ll take sometime before solid state and other ev technologies bring cost down and weight reduction.
Makes sense.
I just don't like that the automakers are now trying to sell hp and 0-60.
Mini Electric's pretty damn disappointing as an EV, but I still think that's the closest thing to ICE hot hatches.
Anyway, I'm really excited to see more EVs that are different.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Feels like these are a step in the right direction

Up to this point EV's have mostly just focused on selling to overleveraged Gen-Z Elon wannabes jerking off to 0-60 times.

The N Division cars are supposed to be vehicles that can handle track work. I've been looking forward to a brand bringing something to the market that will actually appeal to enthusiasts rather than people that just like to recite specs and stop-light race.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Pretty cool video! I'm still not convinced electric car production can keep up with demand once ICE goes away...

Imo just electric is not the future, and sucks countries are so all in on this electric trend. They need to let car companies try new things.

My prediction with electric, we will be waiting 3 to 4 yrs for a car order and dealerships will be history. We will be buying cars online. And shortly after full on electric, we will see something new or diff, not just all electric.

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
The Elantra N and N line are as close as you'll get to affordable performance cars from Hyundai for the foreseeable future.
Sponsored