• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I HOPE HONDA HEARS THIS ABOUT FL5 PRICING!

Ic@ns33urhrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
Just a big rant about pricing. Which I know there are probably many in here. I just called a dealer in Virginia. They want $69,000 for there Type R. I am still laughing. What a joke this has become. Has anyone besides Savagegeese gotten one at MSRP? Not mad at ya geese, use those connections. If other tubers a paying over MSRP you are just adding to the problem. You guys have the loudest voices. Tell the dealers to chill. As for honda. I know you do not care. You should be ashamed of yourself for not calling these dealers out and letting them get away with this. I have had two hondas in the past. Good cars. But this has just completely turned me off the brand. TAKE THE LEAD HONDA. HELP THE CONSUMER OUT! Just needed to get that off my chest. Peace out.
Sponsored

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
We should not even have to pay $5000 over. Its BS. Is honda charging dealers that big of a markup? No.
FYI, it's not just a Honda problem. Any exclusive car to any brand shares this same issue.

Don't be mad at Honda, be mad at dealers.

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
We should not even have to pay $5000 over. Its BS. Is honda charging dealers that big of a markup? No.
Are you upset used FK8ā€™s sell for over their original MSRP? Stop venting about FL5 markups when literally every car is overpriced at the moment. This shit is getting old.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Are you upset used FK8ā€™s sell for over their original MSRP? Stop venting about FL5 markups when literally every car is overpriced at the moment. This shit is getting old.
Says the Canadian.

And yes, why the FK8 has held its value so strongly is a mystery to me. Itā€™s a good car, but paying 45k for a used one? Hell no

wu343

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
I wish the manufactures would figure out a way to stop this. The dealers do nothing to earn that extra money and some throw on insulting extras that in my opinion depreciate the value of the car.
Purchase direct from Honda like Tesla
Void warranty for flippers like Chevy has done with the C8
Put a contract in place like ford did on the Ford GT

I have been calling dealers about the FL5 for the past few weeks, and get annoyed every time. Some are taking names and having them all bid against each other like an auction. My local dealer will not sell the car to anyone and will just use it as a showroom prop to bring in customers. This is the same dealer I am on a "list" with and purchased my first FK8 from.

I think the used market is just as bad. Looked at five used FK8s today and some of them were trashed, but still listed for over $40k. The best deal I could find was a decent MY21 with 16k miles. Listed for $42,500 plus dealer fees and tax. Still cannot stomach paying $47k+ OTD on a used CTR. I need to make a final decision on it tomorrow.

OP
OP

Ic@ns33urhrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
US dealer franchise laws make it so we can not buy directly from manufacturer. If we could buy from manufacturer it would be a different ball game.
$47000 for used. No way.

OP
OP

Ic@ns33urhrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A car
FYI, it's not just a Honda problem. Any exclusive car to any brand shares this same issue.

Don't be mad at Honda, be mad at dealers.
Not mad at anyone. Right now it has gotten comical. Just saying I think honda could do something.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Not mad at anyone. Right now it has gotten comical. Just saying I think honda could do something.
I think the only thing automotive manufacturers could do is help push more rules and regulations around the sale of the vehicle to do away with markups. But you've seen how it works in Canada and obviously that doesn't prevent dealerships from making people pay more than MSRP. Sure we could do direct sale from the manufacturer but that won't prevent people from flipping the car which is honestly just as bad if not worse than dealing with markups.

The way I see it, if you truly want this car bad enough, you will call and hound every dealer you think has a shot at getting you one of these for the right price. I'm not advocating for paying markups because I'm not personally happy I had to pay an extra 5k for the car over MSRP (personally i dont like spending money at all, so free wouldve been nice), but my overarching point is this is not on the manufacturer and while they can do things to alleviate the situation, people will find loopholes or take advantage of whatever they do in terms of buying and selling the vehicle.

I know a lot of people hate capitalism and see it as an evil in some sense, but honestly I think it's one of the best economic systems in the world given the freedom and flexibility of allowing people to spend their money how they want, where they want, and for whatever they want. I also believe the same for the sellers. Just my opinion.

Either way, try to put your frustrations aside (assuming youre frustrated) and do the work to get the car. I know I sound like a clown saying this, but there is a dealer out there that will work with you to sell you the car for a price you'd like to pay within reason, you just gotta keep trying man. Good luck

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Itā€™s definitely not a ā€˜Honda thing onlyā€™. Ask Nissan Z and Corolla GR potential buyers. All the dealers are asking for ADM and/or forced add-ons. But one thing that isnā€™t being discussed is the ā€˜what if all manufacturers made sure that their car only sold for MSRP?ā€™ - then we would be complaining about - why is manufacturer only making X amount of cars when the demand is so much higher.

I was just telling someone that it seems like the GR Corolla and the CTR along with the Toyota trucks seem to be holding their value really well - so if you are wanting one - then youā€™ll more than likely pay over MSRP. Even if you wait it out - interest rates I believe are supposed to go up - so youā€™re getting it from both ends. In the end - my advice (as a stranger on the inter webs) is if you really really want this car and this is a car that you are wanting to keep for a long time - then it might be worth paying the ADM vs waiting to see if and when the market corrects - butā€¦.what will interest rates be at that point - and the MSRP of the next model year will probably increase anyways. ORā€¦ā€¦if you are wanting to get it bc its the ā€˜hot new flavorā€™ - then it might be best to wait it out when the market corrects or something - bc if you get this and only keep it for a year - that ADM is something that might be hard to get back considering if the market corrects.

Regardless - we all feel the same way. Sucks that we are dealing with this but its the current times.
Sponsored