• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I need to know which one of you is out here buying Type R’s for 70k

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Every dealer has this car at a minimum 20k markup. Is anyone buying these cars and if you are buying it how can you smoke so much crack and have so much money? At 70k why don’t you by cars worth 70k?
Sponsored

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Dude are you serious right now? This topic is so damn old. Extremely rare that cars are going for that. EXTREMELY rare. And people paying that hopefully have more money than they know what to do with. Most are going for an average of around $10k over, and seen several closer to $5k. Time to move on with your life from this topic.

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Dude are you serious right now? This topic is so damn old. Extremely rare that cars are going for that. EXTREMELY rare. And people paying that hopefully have more money than they know what to do with. Most are going for an average of around $10k over, and seen several closer to $5k. Time to move on with your life from this topic.
It’s a Honda civic type r lmaoo I understand 5k over and even 10k over but 70k is what I’ve gotten as a response from most dealers that is an insane markup. Especially most people are daily driving these cars they will maintain value around 40-50k but won’t go up in value dramatically. They make 100 PMC Type S’s just cause it’s rare doesn’t immediately give it value. Also FL5s are auctioning for 50k so that’s really the value people are really willing to spend on the vehicle. At 70k USD you are in a different level of car. I paid 47k for my FK8 i paid over sticker but there’s a point that the markup becomes disrespectful

Last edited:

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
It’s a Honda civic type r lmaoo I understand 5k over and even 10k over but 70k is what I’ve gotten as a response from most dealers that is an insane markup. Especially most people are daily driving these cars they will maintain value around 40-50k but won’t go up in value dramatically. They make 100 PMC Type S’s just cause it’s rare doesn’t immediately give it value. Also FL5s are auctioning for 50k so that’s really the value people are really willing to spend on the vehicle. At 70k USD you are in a different level of car. I paid 47k for my FK8 i paid over sticker but there’s a point that the markup becomes disrespectful
And we agree on that. But there’s a reason those cars are still sitting for you to call on lol. Anything close to $10k is sold almost immediately.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
If you are just calling around to different dealers asking, you're probably going to get those ridiculous answers. If you’re serious about buying walk in and throw down your offer. Some dealers may blow you off, but talk to their leadership, do the leg work, make it happen. Figure out what you’re willing to pay and walk into the dealership ready to buy, makes it a lot harder for them to brush it off.

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
If you are just calling around to different dealers asking, you're probably going to get those ridiculous answers. If you’re serious about buying walk in and throw down your offer. Some dealers may blow you off, but talk to their leadership, do the leg work, make it happen. Figure out what you’re willing to pay and walk into the dealership ready to buy, makes it a lot harder for them to brush it off.
I am calling seriously nationwide saying I’m willing to fly and have a trade in and show them the vin and still get responses at 20k over. Every dealer near me is 20k+ over even if you walk into the dealer. I’m really just not willing to pay over what I paid for my FK8 which was 47k i don’t really see a reason to pay 60+ when the BMW near me charges MSRP for their orders on the M2 and 70k+ when the ZL1 is 70k and I already have an order in at 10k over for a Z06 the closer these dealers get to that price it makes me hate Honda dealers even more.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I am calling seriously nationwide saying I’m willing to fly and have a trade in and show them the vin and still get responses at 20k over. Every dealer near me is 20k+ over even if you walk into the dealer. I’m really just not willing to pay over what I paid for my FK8 which was 47k i don’t really see a reason to pay 60+ when the BMW near me charges MSRP for their orders on the M2 and 70k+ when the ZL1 is 70k and I already have an order in at 10k over for a Z06 the closer these dealers get to that price it makes me hate Honda dealers even more.
You just referred to one going at $10k over? You said you paid roughly that for your FK8. What’s the actual problem here?

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
You just referred to one going at $10k over? You said you paid roughly that for your FK8. What’s the actual problem here?
50k is my limit out the door I don’t want to pay 10k over on this car I guess just cause I have the FK8 it’s just annoying to deal with Honda dealers lol. Sorry if that didn’t make sense earlier lol.
edit:seeing them at 20k over really is what’s blowing my mind and tbh when I paid 10k over I honestly felt some buyers remorse even though I love the car I do feel like I could’ve gottensomething where the infotainment doesn’t crash everyday

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Got mind mid December. Appreciate the heads up tho forreal.

You thinking about trading the FK8?
Love the car but the 2020+ FK8s have serious infotainment issues so yea I’m looking into getting a new car so I have a couple cars I’m looking at I’m interested in what the Type S May be

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Love the car but the 2020+ FK8s have serious infotainment issues so yea I’m looking into getting a new car so I have a couple cars I’m looking at I’m interested in what the Type S May be
The Type S looks great man. The interior in the FL5 is incredible tho. The drawback I might have with the Type S is if they don’t have seats similar to the FL5, and I LOVEEEE the red carpet lol.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
50k is my limit out the door I don’t want to pay 10k over on this car I guess just cause I have the FK8 it’s just annoying to deal with Honda dealers lol. Sorry if that didn’t make sense earlier lol.
edit:seeing them at 20k over really is what’s blowing my mind and tbh when I paid 10k over I honestly felt some buyers remorse even though I love the car I do feel like I could’ve gottensomething where the infotainment doesn’t crash everyday
There's been plenty of people that have paid or will be paying that (in interest) lmao. You won't hear from them tho. The cars with the $15-$20k markups are still mostly sitting in the showrooms. The ones with $5k-$10K are moving. My max is also $50K OTD. Good luck with your search.