• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

In search of twisties

qwertypop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000, 2022 Sienna, 2023 FL5 Type R
In Virginia, I've heard about Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, and of course, Back of the Dragon. What are the hidden gems in your area?
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
In Virginia, I've heard about Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, and of course, Back of the Dragon. What are the hidden gems in your area?
I think the roads you described are as good as it gets for the Eastern half of the nation.

The blue ridge mountains heading even into PA offer some excellent roads thate are not to crowded. I think so of the best ways to do this is to figure on sites you may want to visit and taking the back roads to them.

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
The Snake in TN not too far from the The Back of the Dragon is really good too.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
The Matt Farah method of finding good roads: "Find mountains on Google Maps, look for squiggles". I don't have mountains in Michigan so I look for roads that follow rivers.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I've been introduced to a few good roads via the Roads app. The app itself is not great as the navigation kind of sucks and it's just far too buggy, but with some effort you can extract the good routes and then put them in something like Rallista or Scenic that is way better.

There are probably many other ways to find "crowd-sourced" routes but Roads has been helpful for me. Also consider joining your local Porsche Club of America chapter, they'll do tours or rallys that are probably one of the best ways to learn great routes in your area. You don't need a Porsche to join.