• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is the Civic Type R only coming with 6 spd manual and no automatic or DCT?

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I don’t think there will be a dct option. I would think if it was going to come with a DCT they’d release it in the first year, that way they could run the Nurburgring with the dct car and get a faster time.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Honda doesn’t produce a dct anymore and it makes no sense to develop one for a single car.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo 8, 89 civic si,FK8
Well If this becomes the last of the Type R, since a lot of countries are going electric, they might just do it on the last year of production. Like the LE version.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Honda doesn’t produce a dct anymore and it makes no sense to develop one for a single car.
I believe the NSX comes with a 9 speed DCT but I 100% doubt they’ll drop that in the Civic 😭 if anything the imaginary Integra Type S in my head

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I believe the NSX comes with a 9 speed DCT but I 100% doubt they’ll drop that in the Civic 😭 if anything the imaginary Integra Type S in my head
NSX has been gone for a while now. Type S is built on leftover parts for a car noone wanted to buy.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
NSX has been gone for a while now. Type S is built on leftover parts for a car noone wanted to buy.
Car sold out homie. And all the type S’s sold insanely over sticker. Most super cars won’t sell like the Corvette but like the LFA this gen of NSX will be a future collector car especially the Type S, the car was not a failure just a Honda in an Exotic market; also said to inspire the Ferrari SF90.We also are said to get the announcement for the next one in 2024-5, the Acura CEO already confirmed development. These are Billion dollar companies if they want to use an old part they will I just doubt it will happen for the Civic

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Car sold out homie. And all the type S’s sold insanely over sticker. Most super cars won’t sell like the Corvette but like the LFA this gen of NSX will be a future collector car especially the Type S, the car was not a failure just a Honda in an Exotic market; also said to inspire the Ferrari SF90.We also are said to get the announcement for the next one in 2024-5, the Acura CEO already confirmed development. These are Billion dollar companies if they want to use an old part they will I just doubt it will happen for the Civic
cause they made 400 of them and slapped on some new bumpers and a the Type S badge. People were buying them hoping they go up in value. When a 200k car hybrid super car can't even compete with a basic 911 gts on performance or mileage, its pretty much a failure. I think the 2nd gen NSX will probably be remembered as the worst sports car Honda made for value and performance.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...rsche-911-carrera-gts-comparison-test-review/

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
cause they made 400 of them and slapped on some new bumpers and a the Type S badge. People were buying them hoping they go up in value. When a 200k car hybrid super car can't even compete with a basic 911 gts on performance or mileage, its pretty much a failure. I think the 2nd gen NSX will probably be remembered as the worst sports car Honda made for value and performance.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...rsche-911-carrera-gts-comparison-test-review/

The cars that go up in value. The ones that are remembered most fondly offer something beyond numbers in my opinion. As a Honda fan, I'm truly shocked to hear it coming from you.

Sure 0-60 times and HP numbers sell cars but the ones that are remembered are the cars that offer the best experience.

Acura NSX
Honda S2000
Honda S2000 CR
Lexus LFA
Ford GT
BMW Z8
'79 Mazda RX-7

These come to mind without much though. Each one was appreciated more as time went on. Once people got over whatever had the most HP and the quickest 1/4 mile.

The NSX will be remebered. More so the Type S. They are both rare. There are less of them and it is the best version of it. It is more interesteing than a 911 GTS. There are 2900 built. 350 are Type S. It is made in Ohio. The car is damn good. More and more high performance cars are going to hybrid. The car may not be the fastest but it IS FAST. No one is buying it for for value... but if they were. Those cars I listed go for a pretty penny and tomorrow they will cost even more.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
NSX will be remember as a over priced, over complicated under achiever. Car couldn't even complete with the 10year old GTR when it arrived. All those cars you mentioned had something unique about them that made them special. NSX just had alot of tech that over complicated things but yet it didn't perform any better than its competitor selling at a higher price.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I guess we will see.

They are going up in value as we speak.
Sponsored