• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Even the alcantara steering wheel listed here and yet it was black leather with red stitching on all the show cars. LED rear lights according to this list but videos said no LED rears. No Bose system...

I don't know why they don't just standardise everything as much as possible (barring differences because of laws and regulations). Surely it would make it far easier for Honda to have all countries the same? Do they like making it confusing for customers and making life difficult for themselves? Having to print different catalogues and brochures etc. Putting asterisks and small print everywhere saying UK only, Japan only, Not in US models etc. Must be a right headache!
Sponsored

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Even the alcantara steering wheel listed here and yet it was black leather with red stitching on all the show cars. LED rear lights according to this list but videos said no LED rears. No Bose system...

I don't know why they don't just standardise everything as much as possible (barring differences because of laws and regulations). Surely it would make it far easier for Honda to have all countries the same? Do they like making it confusing for customers and making life difficult for themselves? Having to print different catalogues and brochures etc. Putting asterisks and small print everywhere saying UK only, Japan only, Not in US models etc. Must be a right headache!
I think it's because other markets aren't getting the Integra Type-S

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
You could be right on the money there đź’°

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Meanwhile BOJ is maintaining low interest rates and allowing inflation to run. It’s a great time to buy now with a depressed yen. Looking at the MSRP in JPY, wonder how it’ll translate to other markets, especially the US with a strong dollar. Historically (FK8), the best pricing was during the first year. MSRP increased every subsequent year. Really happy for buyers in markets that don’t charge exorbitant markups. It’s Honda’s final traditional halo car and it’s special if one can buy one for a reasonable price.

moOmoOnEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2R
Any idea if the wheels PCD are 5x114.3?

This is the feature list they showed me.
I saw online some dealers were handing out a really simple catalog (like 4 pages) which had basically the exact same list.

Very rough translation from Japanese...

Safety / Driving Support Functions
  • Drive mode switch (individual mode, sport mode, comfort mode)
  • +R mode switch
  • Rev matching system
  • Honda sensing (all the same stuff as the regular civic including parking sensors, auto high beam, reversing support etc.)
  • Full LED headlights
  • Agile handling assist
  • Hill start assist
  • Electronic parking brake
  • Auto brake hold
  • etc.
Technology / Meter
  • Type R exclusive 10.2 inch digital graphic meter + LED rev indicator
  • Honda Connect Display + ETC 2.0 (navigation connected)
  • Type R exclusive data logger Honda LogR (3D motion, G meter, Tire force, auto score, speed limit cancel, etc.)
  • Adaptive sound control
  • 8 speaker (4 speaker + 4 tweeter)
  • Dual zone full auto air conditioning
  • etc.
Interior / Exterior
  • Type R seats (front) LuxSuede
  • Type R exclusive steering wheel (Alcantara)
  • Type R exclusive steering wheel emblem
  • Stainless sports pedals
  • Aluminum shift nob
  • Aluminum serial number emblem
  • 6/4 split rear seats (suede)
  • Aluminum center console panel
  • Punching metal air conditioning outlets
  • Knurling finished AC roll dials
  • Type R exclusive front grill
  • Type R exclusive aerodynamic colored bumper (front/rear)
  • Gloss black front spoiler
  • Type R exclusive rear spoiler (gloss black) + diecast aluminum stays
  • Gloss black side sill garnish
  • Gloss black rear diffuser
  • Triple exhaust system
  • Type R exclusive aluminum front hood
  • LED position lights (DRL)
  • LED rear combination lights
  • Gloss black electric folding side mirrors (headed with LED indicator and automatic closing function)
  • Gloss black shark fin antenna
  • etc.
Chassis Related
  • Adaptive damper system
  • Type R exclusive suspension (F: Dual axis strut R: Multi-link)
  • 19-inch reverse rim aluminum wheel (19X9.5J) + 265/30ZR19 93Y tires (Michelin pilot sports 4s)
  • Brembo front large ventilated 2-piece disk brakes (350mm)
  • Brembo front aluminum 4 pot calipers
  • Rear disk brakes (305mm)
  • etc.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
For around 5 million yen this FL5 will be a steal ( msrp selling country ) in day and age ( massive inflation with cars )

thanks you Honda for making FL5 for the car lovers not riding the inflation game

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
For around 5 million yen this FL5 will be a steal ( msrp selling country ) in day and age ( massive inflation with cars )

thanks you Honda for making FL5 for the car lovers not riding the inflation game
Wait till it gets to AUD, USDM, and CDN markets......

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

Honda has increased pricing on items twice since Jan 4th. The Civic escaped some because it was an all new model that I assume they built the additional cost into.

FL5JR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AW11
yes most of us in here is playing favourite ( FL5 ) , the fomo ( fear of missing out ) , this time around it might be true than ever.
with whats happening in last 2-3 years and on going event . Super uncertainty.

yes it dose not help Honda out do themselves for making improvements over FK8 ( not talking about how it looks ) , most companies will just skip it to EV and delayed it to next gen ( Subaru STI looking at you ) .

but no Honda push out FL5 for us fans , is really the best all rounder car for car guys aka all in 1 type of car ( that you live in places that don’t really snow or no plan use it on . )

yes yes it might be the last 100% pure ice Type R civic or might not ? Who knows . FL5 will hold value better than most cars on same bracket if not all . So is really a no brainer getting a hold of the FL5 even stored as garage queen anyway you want is still a no brainer to buy FL5 .

Yes there’s a problem now , a good problem to have for Honda for the brand name or maybe . will everyone that ready to buy will have it in their driveway ? Will there be enough? No one knows . At this point not really around the world been reported will have limited supply ( not officially ) .

wish you all good luck and myself.

P.S I’m in AUS , super small FL5 market gg

nezumi

First Name
John Vilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Maybe so, but you seriously think Canada and Australia will only get a total of 150 GRC's? If you do, I got a bridge in Brooklyn that I will sell you
Australia is getting 500 GR Corollas and its already sold out. GRC is more limited than the GR Yaris. I bet half of it will be put on carsales by the scalpers.

iqbad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018, Audi TT-RS 2010 400hp, Audi A6 3.0 TFSI 400hp
I called a local dealer where I live. Sweden will only get 8 (!) FL5 CTR and Honda will decide who will get them, so it is not even first come-first serve. I hope we will get some more allocations later on.. price was not set but indicated to 550-600KSEK. This is 40-50% more than the FK8. Holy crap that is expensive.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
That is ridiculous pricing. It might be a Type-R but really? Come on, it's crazy pricing these cars that high.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
I called a local dealer where I live. Sweden will only get 8 (!) FL5 CTR and Honda will decide who will get them, so it is not even first come-first serve. I hope we will get some more allocations later on.. price was not set but indicated to 550-600KSEK. This is 40-50% more than the FK8. Holy crap that is expensive.
That is ridiculous pricing. It might be a Type-R but really? Come on, it's crazy pricing these cars that high.
Sadly, when there are so few units available, they can charge however much they want and still find buyers.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I understand that is the case in the US and other countries that allow such practices. As I have already said elsewhere on the forum, here in the UK, that's now how it works. I know many will say that if you want it you have to pay the piper or not be able to have it, that's free market economics etc. Fine, you do you. I'll take the UK way thanks.
Sponsored