• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Most of what I have found is driving experiences (entirely in Japanese in which mine is very very beginner) other than that not all that much that we haven't already seen.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Most of what I have found is driving experiences (entirely in Japanese in which mine is very very beginner) other than that not all that much that we haven't already seen.
What are you expecting to see from a Japanese review that hasn't been shown yet? It's not going to be entirely the same car as the export model we'll receive anyway.

Brief summary seems to be that an FL5 will be auctioned in Japan, even though purchase contracts stipulate that owners will not resell or export their cars for one year. And it's expected more will appear despite the stipulation.

The car to be auctioned by a (Honda?) dealer on 9/29 is CW #491 driven 62km ODO without any optional equipment. The starting price will be 3.33M JPY, with an expected selling price of 8M to 10M JPY. Honda is aware of this auction.

Also apparently rumored delivery dates are now as far as 2 years out, but I haven't seen this so on IG yet. Posts I've seen are still anticipating about 6 months' wait or so.

Last edited:

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
By the looks of it, I’ll have my grc before my ctr 😂

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
If there are possibly 500+ Type Rs already made in Japan, in only a month of release, and there are “rumors” of a 2 year wait, does that insinuate they are going to stop making JDM Type Rs and switch over to making them for everywhere else?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
If there are possibly 500+ Type Rs already made in Japan, in only a month of release, and there are “rumors” of a 2 year wait, does that insinuate they are going to stop making JDM Type Rs and switch over to making them for everywhere else?
I thought we already saw Civic Type Rs that are not for Japan?

The long wait times seem crazy to me. On Twitter I see people who recently signed a contract and expect their cars around April.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
US will probably get an initial swath of them before years end with additional rounds trickling in over 2023. Im just glad they are here, I cant keep watching youtube videos and muttering to myself that I wish I spoke Japanese.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
US will probably get an initial swath of them before years end with additional rounds trickling in over 2023. Im just glad they are here, I cant keep watching youtube videos and muttering to myself that I wish I spoke Japanese.
At least we have confirmed shipments, on the ground in California now. Here’s to hoping we get some concrete info in the next few weeks, or that they just start showing up at dealers!

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Don't know if that was meant to be an actual race but if it was, then it wasnt a great advert for the FL5 over the FK8. Looked to me like the FK8 LE was leaving the FL5 for dust out of every corner and on every straight and the FL5 wouldn't have had a chance in hell of catching or overtaking.

Was the driver better in the LE or was it not a race or ?
Sponsored