• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
boy that le is quick...nobody can deny how great of a car the fk8 is
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Don't know if that was meant to be an actual race but if it was, then it wasnt a great advert for the FL5 over the FK8. Looked to me like the FK8 LE was leaving the FL5 for dust out of every corner and on every straight and the FL5 wouldn't have had a chance in hell of catching or overtaking.

Was the driver better in the LE or was it not a race or ?
I dont know what you were watching but he kept eating the LE’s lunch and then backing off lol. FL5 FTW

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
He caught him up on corners when the FK8 hard braked and then the FK8 sped away rapidly and becoming a dot on the horizon, after every single corner. Don't know what you were watching either?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Once he got past the other driver he was toying with the LE - in the beginning when they run a few laps you see him eat it up too. You think they are going to rough and tumble and risk contact?

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Don't know if that was meant to be an actual race but if it was, then it wasnt a great advert for the FL5 over the FK8. Looked to me like the FK8 LE was leaving the FL5 for dust out of every corner and on every straight and the FL5 wouldn't have had a chance in hell of catching or overtaking.

Was the driver better in the LE or was it not a race or ?
I think it's both. There's a period 7-8 minute mark where he forgets to shift and then stops driving and chills while the FK8 disappears ahead of him

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Reels him and in like a tuna from 4:40 to 6:00, wasn’t even close. Would be good to just see those two go at it instead of the three.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
I wouldn't read too much into what was happening as far as FL5 vs. FK8 ... but it is really nice to see the FL5 getting around these corners near the limit without hopping around like a pogo stick.

I wonder what is different with this car vs. the car in the Suzuka record video? (It pogo'd wildly.) It's probably a lot colder in the Suzuka video which should equal less hop...

*edit* The video was posted in April but probably filmed in late summer/early fall by the look of it. So track could have been grippier.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Speaking if the track, i cringed in the beginning every time i heard that debris hitting the undercarriage..😬

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
I was really surprised at all the debris getting picked up, where it was getting picked up. Maybe somebody littered the track with an off

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
No of course I didn't imagine it was a full on race where they would risk contact. I'm not trying to slate the FL5 or promote the FK8 here. Just seemed to me that the FL5 wasn't keeping up but I admit I was viewing while distracted doing other things so may just have been the impression I got from when I was looking at it. I'm certain the FL5 will be just as capable as the FK8, can't see Honda releasing something less than equal or bettering themselves.

That debris rattling was terrible, I hate that on my FK8 and I have rock guards fitted. The worst ever is when gritters are out in winter and you have to drive on it, have to pass them, or they go by and blast the whole car. 😭🤬😤

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
No of course I didn't imagine it was a full on race where they would risk contact. I'm not trying to slate the FL5 or promote the FK8 here. Just seemed to me that the FL5 wasn't keeping up but I admit I was viewing while distracted doing other things so may just have been the impression I got from when I was looking at it. I'm certain the FL5 will be just as capable as the FK8, can't see Honda releasing something less than equal or bettering themselves.

That debris rattling was terrible, I hate that on my FK8 and I have rock guards fitted. The worst ever is when gritters are out in winter and you have to drive on it, have to pass them, or they go by and blast the whole car. 😭🤬😤
Haha lets just wait for the real reviews on tracks by many other drivers. We don't even have FL5 yet lol

One thing I know for sure is that FL5 can do more tracks than FK8 (better heat management) XD

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Oh I agree but would be interesting to also see both cars pitted against each other head to head in a proper race too.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
The FK8 is a lead car. During press and dealer famils you're not supposed to overtake the lead car, which is why he didn't attempt that. In fact, I don't think this guy should have been overtaking the other FL5 between him and the yellow LE. Anyway, all this video tells us is how it sounds and that it handles well, and that driver 3 was willing to push harder on the straights than driver 2.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
The FK8 is a lead car. During press and dealer famils you're not supposed to overtake the lead car, which is why he didn't attempt that. In fact, I don't think this guy should have been overtaking the other FL5 between him and the yellow LE. Anyway, all this video tells us is how it sounds and that it handles well, and that driver 3 was willing to push harder on the straights than driver 2.
JBO is right. The LE is the pace car leading a group of FL5s driven by journalists. When driver Nakaya (who was in the video) backs off to get some space, the LE driver probably slowed down to let him catch up. It was his job NOT to leave the FL5s behind.
Sponsored