• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Some info from Japan. I just stopped by my go-to dealer yesterday.

He showed me the internal emails outlining the details of the release planning (they are under strict instructions to not release any information until the global launch). He didnt have any specifics about the car itself other than colours, no pictures and nothing about pricing but it will all be released for Japan on the 21st to the point where it will be possible to actually order the car day after.

It seems that orders will open 22nd with 2 waves. 1st wave will be ~2,500 units delivered within this financial year (i.e. by end of March 2023) 2nd wave will be ~3,000 units delivered within next financial year (i.e. by end of March 2024). Since this version is being manufactured in Japan this will be pretty typical process. I just got my GR86 delivered and it took 6 months from order to delivery - all Japanese cars here are buy to order so this is normal but lead times these days are a lot longer.

My guy's company (dealers in Japan are subsidaries of Honda proper and this one is basically the dealers in one prefecture of Japan) has only 30 units allocated of that 1st wave and so far 80 people in line to place orders. They will allocated on a first come first served basis so I will be in there first thing Friday morning to place my order and hopefully get in that first block.

At least in Japan those numbers are pretty small.
Not sure what this means for the US or anywhere else...
Well it's March 2023 and from my calculations they are off about 2300 so far...sad but true..the American markets haven't seen 300 in total yet...... second wave? If u already purchased your fl5 think about what I just Said and the important of it all.
Sponsored

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
Well it's March 2023 and from my calculations they are off about 2300 so far...sad but true..the American markets haven't seen 300 in total yet...... second wave? If u already purchased your fl5 think about what I just Said and the important of it all.
Ugh what? Theres been nearly 1030 allocated to America so far. They are certainly off but it seems feasible to hit the 2300 this year easily.

Where did you get the 300 number from?

Civic Type R tracker. Hit the "All colors stats" in the top right thats tracking all units allocated so far:
https://stevenmatchett.github.io/fl...KRFwPTxcr0lp8KmUutcV2DlaOGhMGorInXu9AjAzCRbfg

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Ugh what? Theres been nearly 1030 allocated to America so far. They are certainly off but it seems feasible to hit the 2300 this year easily.

Civic Type R tracker. Hit the "All colors stats" in the top right thats tracking all units allocated so far:
https://stevenmatchett.github.io/fl...KRFwPTxcr0lp8KmUutcV2DlaOGhMGorInXu9AjAzCRbfg
The 1,030 figure is not accurate. Perhaps there's a timing issue but there are several allocations out there not on this tracker or the Obsessive Motoring tracker. They're both helpful guides but shouldn't be considered an authoritative data source.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
The 1,030 figure is not accurate. Perhaps there's a timing issue but there are several allocations out there not on this tracker or the Obsessive Motoring tracker. They're both helpful guides but shouldn't be considered an authoritative data source.
Yes I get that, which means these are under-reporting the numbers and that there would be more than 1030. Thats why Im confused where Cary got the 300 number from.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yes I get that, which means these are under-reporting the numbers and that there would be more than 1030. Thats why Im confused where Cary got the 300 number from.
The question is out there now so thanks for asking. Hopefully @CaryH can provide some perspective.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
VINs in the low 1000 range are out there - I'd *assume* that means at least that many have been built.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
VINs in the low 1000 range are out there - I'd *assume* that means at least that many have been built.
That's a fair assumption but it's not clear if VINs are sequential. This is interesting and I'm now more curious than ever about production figures. 🤔

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
This is all very confusing. I think what was quoted has to do with Japan only.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LOLOLOL I WAS LOOKING AT THAT STUPID CHART MADE BUY SOMEONE LIKE U AND ME WHEN I WAS WAITING FOR MY FL5 BACK IN DECEMBER....LOL THAT CHART IS USELESS.....IT HAS MY FL5 ARRIVED AT
MY DEALERSHIP AND IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND,THAT CHART BEEN UP SINCE NOVEMBER OF LAST YEAR, 13 OTHER WAYS TO FIND OUT WHATS UP WITH THE ALLOCATION'S ON YOUR PRE ORDERED FL5. THATS CHART IS USELESS.
The question is out there now so thanks for asking. Hopefully @CaryH can provide some perspective.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
LOLOLOL I WAS LOOKING AT THAT STUPID CHART MADE BUY SOMEONE LIKE U AND ME WHEN I WAS WAITING FOR MY FL5 BACK IN DECEMBER....LOL THAT CHART IS USELESS.....IT HAS MY FL5 ARRIVED AT
MY DEALERSHIP AND IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND,THAT CHART BEEN UP SINCE NOVEMBER OF LAST YEAR, 13 OTHER WAYS TO FIND OUT WHATS UP WITH THE ALLOCATION'S ON YOUR PRE ORDERED FL5. THATS CHART IS USELESS.
Ok
11th Gen Honda Civic Japanese Market Info: 2023 Civic Type R Ordering, Production Volume, Deliveries dd0

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALREADY LFET ONE PERSPECTIVE,DIDNT JAPAN SUSPENDED SALES CORRECT.

I CAN GUARANTEE U THERE ARE NOT 300 IN AMERICA TODAY MARCH 6 2023,THEY MIGHT OF BEEN ALLOCATED BUT FOR SURE HAVE NOT ARRIVED YET...LOL COME IN GUYS HERE GOTO CAR GURUS,PUNCH IN THR 2023 FL5,YOU WILL SEE ABOUT 113 ADS FROM VARIOUS DEALERSHIPS OVER 3/4 WITH NO PICS. AND ABOUT 1/4 WITH PICKS FROM HE DEALERSHIP. AND IF U CALL THESE DEALERSHIPS,WITHOUT PICS THEY WILL ALL TELL U THE SAME THING.NOT AVALIABLE. ALLOCATIONS AND ACTUAL ARRIVAL ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS,GUYS IM NOT TRYING TO HATE IM TRYING TO HELP. R-01047.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic

I CAN GUARANTEE U THERE ARE NOT 300 IN AMERICA TODAY MARCH 6 2023,THEY MIGHT OF BEEN ALLOCATED BUT FOR SURE HAVE NOT ARRIVED YET...LOL COME IN GUYS HERE GOTO CAR GURUS,PUNCH IN THR 2023 FL5,YOU WILL SEE ABOUT 113 ADS FROM VARIOUS DEALERSHIPS OVER 3/4 WITH NO PICS. AND ABOUT 1/4 WITH PICKS FROM HE DEALERSHIP. AND IF U CALL THESE DEALERSHIPS,WITHOUT PICS THEY WILL ALL TELL U THE SAME THING.NOT AVALIABLE. ALLOCATIONS AND ACTUAL ARRIVAL ARE TWO VERY DIFFERENT THINGS,GUYS IM NOT TRYING TO HATE IM TRYING TO HELP. R-01047.
Did you ever stop to think that the vast majority of the 1,030 allocations have SOLD? C'mon buddy quit pretending to be in the know. Cargurus the go-to site for all things Type R smh. Your inability to cobble together a coherent post completely discredits anything you might have to say.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711

Why are you yelling?
Sponsored