• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Did you ever stop to think that the vast majority of the 1,030 allocations have SOLD? C'mon buddy quit pretending to be in the know. Cargurus the go-to site for all things Type R smh. Your inability to cobble together a coherent post completely discredits anything you might have to say.
cbecause

Why are you yelling?Oh because my capa was on lololololol

Did you ever stop to think that the vast majority of the 1,030 allocations have SOLD? C'mon buddy quit pretending to be in the know. Cargurus the go-to site for all things Type R smh. Your inability to cobble together a coherent post competely discredits anything you might have to say.
Hmmm nope ,I started this journey as soon as they came into Port in California...and slowly headed east them about two months later s few were coming from the east coast, and as soon as this 2023 type r went into market Car gurus...had it on thier site sooo if u remember the gentlemen who posted the vid in end of Oct November, of all the fl5 that finally made port sitting in a lot in California. So I know there isn't 1000 sold in the US market...if u were paying attention from the beginning you would know boys.R-01047.
Sponsored

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
cbecause

Hmmm nope ,I started this journey as soon as they came into Port in California...and slowly headed east them about two months later s few were coming from the east coast, and as soon as this 2023 type r went into market Car gurus...had it on thier site sooo if u remember the gentlemen who posted the vid in end of Oct November, of all the fl5 that finally made port sitting in a lot in California. So I know there isn't 1000 sold in the US market...if u were paying attention from the beginning you would know boys.R-01047.
Just go away man. You are annoying AF. Once again a completely incoherent, rambling post that nobody can decode the meaning of.

juanmasubbie

First Name
juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla, FL5 Type R 02999, 04/05 FXT, 10 RDX
I bought my car in Newport, RI and I don't see it on the tracker. My car is 02999. does this mean there are at least 2999 made globally or to the US? I wasn't sure if that number meant global supply. Read in a post that only 546 were made.

Last edited:

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
I bought my car in Newport, RI and I don't see it on the tracker. My car is 02999. does this mean there are at least 2999 made globally or to the US? I wasn't sure if that number meant global supply. Read in a post that only 546 were made.
There's more than 2999 globally for sure. I've seen badges in the 3s in the US

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
The car's chief engineer, Hideki Kakinuma, has taken delivery of #6874 earlier this month.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The trackers are not an authoritative data source. I've noticed several data integrity issues since they came online. That's not a shot at the folks who put them together. Really appreciate the work they did and continue to do to keep those trackers going.

The trackers should only be used and viewed as a tool, nothing more. The vehicle I purchased is not on either tracker. It was for a period of time; however, it's no longer there. Another vehicle I know was sold also is not on either tracker.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The car's chief engineer, Hideki Kakinuma, has taken delivery of #6874 earlier this month.

Didn't we figure out that the badge numbers inside the car aren't really accurate to anything because they're not sequential? I think the VIN is what accurately tells you.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
The trackers are not an authoritative data source. I've noticed several data integrity issues since they came online. That's not a shot at the folks who put them together. Really appreciate the work they did and continue to do to keep those trackers going.

The trackers should only be used and viewed as a tool, nothing more. The vehicle I purchased is not on either tracker. It was for a period of time; however, it's no longer there. Another vehicle I know was sold also is not on either tracker.
https://stevenmatchett.github.io/fl...KRFwPTxcr0lp8KmUutcV2DlaOGhMGorInXu9AjAzCRbfg

Im not sure how many others are made but the purpose of this is to show current allocations and cars at dealers. Cars that are sold are removed, but there is a tally at the top that keeps a record of every car added and removed. This doesnt keep a running tab of how many each dealer gets for eternity as the person who made it said it scrubs Honda's Internal network for vins and allocations to populate. After that they are removed.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Wellā€¦hold onā€¦I would have to think the badges are indeed sequential. Owning #0001 would be entirely meaningless otherwise. So, I do believe that the badge numbers are a good way to know how many FL5ā€™s have been made, globally, so far. We need a global badge number tracker!šŸ¤£

Regarding VIN #ā€™s : Iā€™m not certain that VINs work sequentially necessarily for 1 model of car. For instance, is it possible that a manufacturer can assign VIN #ā€™s 1-10 to one car model and VIN #ā€™s 11-20 to another car model? I think this is entirely possible, but Iā€™m not the authority here whatsoever.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
https://stevenmatchett.github.io/fl...KRFwPTxcr0lp8KmUutcV2DlaOGhMGorInXu9AjAzCRbfg

Im not sure how many others are made but the purpose of this is to show current allocations and cars at dealers. Cars that are sold are removed, but there is a tally at the top that keeps a record of every car added and removed. This doesnt keep a running tab of how many each dealer gets for eternity as the person who made it said it scrubs Honda's Internal network for vins and allocations to populate. After that they are removed.
I get that but there are also instances where allocations disappear (and sometimes reappear) or don't show at all prior to sale.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I believe whatā€™s getting confused is the total number made versus the total number that has been made and shipped into the US.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
Wellā€¦hold onā€¦I would have to think the badges are indeed sequential. Owning #0001 would be entirely meaningless otherwise. So, I do believe that the badge numbers are a good way to know how many FL5ā€™s have been made, globally, so far.
That is my understanding as well. That they don't match the VINs but are sequential and hence a good indicator of total production.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Wellā€¦hold onā€¦I would have to think the badges are indeed sequential. Owning #0001 would be entirely meaningless otherwise. So, I do believe that the badge numbers are a good way to know how many FL5ā€™s have been made, globally, so far. We need a global badge number tracker!šŸ¤£

Regarding VIN #ā€™s : Iā€™m not certain that VINs work sequentially necessarily for 1 model of car. For instance, is it possible that a manufacturer can assign VIN #ā€™s 1-10 to one car model and VIN #ā€™s 11-20 to another car model? I think this is entirely possible, but Iā€™m not the authority here whatsoever.
From my understanding (someone correct me here if they have more solid info) because the Type R is only built at one plant all of our VINs are the same pattern until the last 6 digits. I believe even the ones sold in Japan and UK are using JHMFL5G4_PX (I believe the underscore is a check digit that changes) and then your car's unique number and those are sequential.

My understanding regarding the badges is that during your cars production date, there was box of badges like 1-1000 that got randomly put on those cars as they came down the line. Then on a later production date, the badges in that box might be 1001-2000. So the badges give you a range that is tied to the production date, but not accurately sequential.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess what Iā€™m saying (outside of important numbers like #0001 and the last # produced) is that the badge numbers themselves are sequential. If theyā€™re running a tight ship (as I believe Honda does), one would only hope that they wouldnā€™t do something so egregious as put badge #2000 on car #1001. I can totally see badges being applied to cars in batches of like 10-20 cars, though. In that case, perhaps badge #990 might get put on car #998 or vice versa. This way the badge numbers still correlate to a production date or a production batch of 10-20 cars. That seems completely reasonableā€¦though, to your pointā€¦doesnā€™t provide a perfectly accurate number of cars produced.šŸ¤”

We need someone who works on the production line or quality assurance to chime in.šŸ¤£

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
My VIN is #1xx but my dash plaque # is 6xx. Quite a difference
Sponsored