• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Just purchased a Hatch Sport Touring CVT in "boost blue"

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
I drove from metro Philly to metro Pittsburgh today to purchase a Civic Hatch Sport Touring in boost blue. Every dealer in Philly was at least $3800 over sticker, and I found one in PGH for MSRP. Drove out this morning to trade my '16 Civic Coupe Touring - got a fair price for it. Got in and started the 4.5 hour drive over the mountains back home.

Man it's nice. Really nice. It's so much better than my old Gen X coupe. It's an interior that is probably inspired by Audi, who I think has the best interior design today.+

Drives great, which is saying something on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, an interstate built to 1940 design standards.

My "other" car is a BMW 330i GT. The Civic isn't a BMW - obviously. But it has a helluva lot going for it.

Oh yeah - it looks awesome. BMW has a very similar color, but you need to get an M-series ($70K +) to get it.

My tomorrow will be spent reading the owner's manual. There's a LOT of tech in this thing!
Sponsored

Climo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport
Let's see some pics! I have a Boost Blue ST arriving next month can't wait. Researching wrapping the front bumper with PPF since I drive a lot on freeways.

OP
OP
wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Photo from the South Hills Honda "Vehicle Delivery Center".

Yes, those are real leaves - it was windy outside and they blew in :)

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Awesome. Would love to hear more about how it compares to your previous '16. I have a '16 Touring and I'm not sure if it's worth throwing 13Gs for the 22 Sport Touring.

OP
OP
wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Lunar I’m lucky enough tombs able to afford it, and it was the right decision for me.

I drove the ‘16 290 miles to get the car, and drove the ‘22 back 290 miles. Pretty good conditions to determine the value proposition. The Civic XI is another whole class of automobile. For that check, you get a 3 year warranty, safety features, high tech, space, better visibility, and nramd new parts. Maint costs do increase as cars get older.

Plus you have the inflation in used car prices. People want your car. Get this, the owner of the Honda dealer did a quick detail on my old car and parked it in prime position in his lot. Within 10 minutes a customer stopped and gave it a close look. The time is right is you can get the Gen XI you want without significant dealer markups.

Climo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport
Cool video Thanks. Inflation on used cars is off the hook. I sold my 2018 accord with 33k miles for basically the same price when I bought it new. This allows me a healthy down payment on a car I would not be able to afford otherwise. I got my hatch at MSRP also but I had to work all angles.

alrutz_22sonicgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring - Sonic Gray
You're welcome @wilbur_the_goose , lol:). I turned down the boost blue and waited for the sonic gray from South Hills Honda to be delivered. I like it, kinda wish I saw it in person before I turned it down. Just picked up my Sport Touring HB today. Enjoy!!

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
I drove from metro Philly to metro Pittsburgh today to purchase a Civic Hatch Sport Touring in boost blue. Every dealer in Philly was at least $3800 over sticker, and I found one in PGH for MSRP. Drove out this morning to trade my '16 Civic Coupe Touring - got a fair price for it. Got in and started the 4.5 hour drive over the mountains back home.

Man it's nice. Really nice. It's so much better than my old Gen X coupe. It's an interior that is probably inspired by Audi, who I think has the best interior design today.+

Drives great, which is saying something on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, an interstate built to 1940 design standards.

My "other" car is a BMW 330i GT. The Civic isn't a BMW - obviously. But it has a helluva lot going for it.

Oh yeah - it looks awesome. BMW has a very similar color, but you need to get an M-series ($70K +) to get it.

My tomorrow will be spent reading the owner's manual. There's a LOT of tech in this thing!
Yes!!! Congrats ??
I feel all of that. My 10th gen Coupé Si was very comfy.
But my 11th gen is arguably IMO more comfortable and a WAY more beautiful interior to look at! I literally catch myself staring at the wire mesh sometimes ???
Sponsored