• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Light Screetching Sound at Low Speeds

El2ok

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Hello everyone! So I recently got my 2022 Civic Si a few months ago and have about 2500 miles on it now. I love the car overall! But.. there is one thing that has been bugging me everytime I drive the car.

SoOo.. when drive at low speed (2nd gear around 25-30mph) and I let my foot off the throttle and coast I hear a light screeching sound coming from the front driver side of the car. In order to hear it, I have to have my windows down. It sound as if like the brake caliper shim is scrapping on the wheel very lightly but that's not the issue. I am afraid the sound is coming maybe from the transmission, clutch or flywheel? I am not too sure to be honest. The weird thing is when I then put my foot back on the throttle to give is gas, the sound goes away. The sound only comes up when coasting at low speeds.

I have taken it to my local honda dealer for them to test it out and I even went on a test drive with one of the mechanics and he also heard the sound, but.. they were not able to determine where it was coming from and advised me that they would note it on my account that I brought it in and to continue driving the car and if it got worse to bring the car back in.

For being a very new car (stock, no mods yet have been made to the car) It is a little concerning. Like i said dont get me wrong i love the car overall, but this bugs the ishh out of me! Lol.

The average person most likely wouldn't catch the sound, but for someone that notices all aspects of how their car runs can bug that person.. hahaha.

Anyways, not sure if this has come up with anyone else and figured I'd put a post on it out there.

I am going to try to see if I can get a recording of the screeching noise I am hearing and will post it on here along with taking that video to the dealer to hopefully have them look further into this.

Thanks for stopping by to hear me out and have a goodnight everyone !
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2000 Honda Civic LX
Wastegate actuator. It’s normal, but definitely a little annoying. I made a post over on the other forum a while back about it but it’s since been solved.

It seems civicxi won’t let me link to [Banned Site - For Spamming], so I’ll post the link broken up, just delete the spaces.

www. civic 11 forum .com/threads/high-pitched-squealing.2012/

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
i had the "keys jingling" noise from my wg actuator. disappeared after some redline pulls
Sponsored