• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2023 Pilot Elite
Maybe at some point they do, but not right now, and per your previous point, on supply and demand, that shouldn’t matter… right now, the supply is incredibly low based on demand…
Either way, we will see. I don’t think ever single type R sold will have a minimum $20k markup.

I said fear mongering and drama, because people make across the board comments, based on personal experience and conjecture, that don’t speak for the entire situation. If 3,000 people of the 20,000 that bought FK8s in the US, didn’t pay crazy markups, then your point is your perspective only.
My point is majority will see mark ups. There are states that will get Type R's that will sit because there is no market. I'm sure they will sell for sticker like the Fk8.

The hype of the new Type R and this ridiculous market will drive the price up. Which is sad because the people who really want this car will be driven out by the people paying the mark ups.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
My point is majority will see mark ups. There are states that will get Type R's that will sit because there is no market. I'm sure they will sell for sticker like the Fk8.

The hype of the new Type R and this ridiculous market will drive the price up. Which is sad because the people who really want this car will be driven out by the people paying the mark ups.
I agree with you 100%. I have no doubt this car will be hard to get, and that dealerships all over will try to take advantage. I am simply saying, it is not impossible.
May be sold out, but in terms of what’s built and available, that you can drive, and that isn’t just a number on a sheet, that’s 2,800. So, they can theoretically say they are building a million of them, but doesn’t mean jack until they do, and my friend got his NOW, not in 9 months or whenever.

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2023 Pilot Elite
Did you read it? They stated there will be ones available on the lot.

Also comparing a mass produced electric F150 to a Type R is comparing Apples to Oranges. Totally different buying crowd.

We wont probably even see 2000 Type R's this year in the US. Honda cant even keep Si production up. They focus on their SUV and CUV's since that is their new bread and butter. So most of their chips will go there.

We will see what happens. Happy hunting.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Well shoot, we should just shut down this forum and go home.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
^ for one who complains about drama you sure bring a lot. Its like you enjoy it.
What is the point of a forum if you can’t debate or discuss things? And does everyone have to have the exact same opinion? If by drama you mean, I don’t have the same opinion as you, then I guess I’m full of drama. Or maybe, I just disagree with peoples assertions and am attempting to show a different point of view?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
What is the point of a forum if you can’t debate or discuss things? And does everyone have to have the exact same opinion? If by drama you mean, I don’t have the same opinion as you, then I guess I’m full of drama. Or maybe, I just disagree with peoples assertions and am attempting to show a different point of view?

No, actually, its your whiny tone.

11th Gen Honda Civic Limited production for New Type R? "Hundreds not thousands" according to UK article 1656778977647

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
No, actually, its your whiny tone.

1656778977647.gif
Ok Mmmbop.

I’ll fix that.

get ready everyone, this Type R is gonna be impossible to get, and they’re all gonna be insanely marked up, probably like $20k. Good luck!

Now, I sound just like everyone else. 😂

Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Not arguing with you, that there will be markups and some crazy ones too. Just saying they won’t all be that way. I know someone who got a new Ford Lightning at MSRP, and I guarantee they sell more F-150s than Type Rs… in this market… so explain that?
not sure 100% but I think Ford would punish dealerships with excessive markups and ship new cars out to them lower on the priority list. Also a friend said he was able to order a a new Ford Bronco at MSRP online, in person buying at the dealers do have some markups though. Also does a where you are in the country, individual dealers, stuff like that. I got my 2019 CTR at MSRP in the Boston Area where other parts of the country had mark ups. All depends where you go.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
not sure 100% but I think Ford would punish dealerships with excessive markups and ship new cars out to them lower on the priority list. Also a friend said he was able to order a a new Ford Bronco at MSRP online, in person buying at the dealers do have some markups though. Also does a where you are in the country, individual dealers, stuff like that. I got my 2019 CTR at MSRP in the Boston Area where other parts of the country had mark ups. All depends where you go.
I know Ford has said they are doing everything they can to handle dealers who markup. I know some dealerships have been know to put miles on their vehicle so they can then sell them as used vehicles, and then throw massive markups at them.
As for your 2019 Type R, don’t let anyone hear you got that at MSRP, or you’ll likely get burned at the stake. Lol
Sponsored