• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looks like 2021 the R MIGHT be built in NA according to speculative articles.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic TypeR, 2003 Acura RSX TypeS, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Nah I know this guy has a habit of trolling, i've seen his posts on other threads and he lives in a fantasy world of some sort. Its just that when he asked for "proof" and I found an article that literally said "Type R Production moving to North America" I couldn't resist. Interested to see what kind of response im gonna get lol.
LOL. Interested, too, but I'll never see it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
so how is england/EUR getting their type r's?

and for the poster above , yeah its a hatchback but no it doesnt ride on the same platform as a hatchback ex.

It is completely different.
Well in most of these write ups the head of honda has said cars will be produced in japan and shipped back to England cause it's now gonna be cheaper. But I guess head of honda is not a good enough source.

As for patform the whole reason the Rs have always in thier entire history been made with hatch production is because they are basically a hatch trim level . A wing , a few glued on bits, suspension and engine. The rest of the car is identical to a hatch. Just part a pmm hatch and a pmm R next to each other its basically the same car. It's why they can make it on the same assembly line as the hatches at same time as they use same frames body and machinery to build. Remember the dodge neon and the pt cruiser? Two totally different cars that used the same platform. The PT cruiser was built on same line with same tools as the neon cause it used the same platform.
Here since you like proof https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_platform

Here is a snippet for you "A car platform is a shared set of common design, engineering, and production efforts, as well as major components over a number of outwardly distinct models and even types of cars"