• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looks like 2021 the R MIGHT be built in NA according to speculative articles.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Edit: may main reason for posting is just to share this write up i found nothing else. One member turned this thread into a childish arguement so no need to read the posts as they are not related unless you just want to.

Anyway here is the article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...gen-civic-hatchback-production-north-america/

I would say this also ends speculation on refreshes and changes till then as well. Why invest money in a factory your closing. Guess we will have same R till then.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
I read the article and they said nothing about the type r being built in NA. They did say production is being shifted to Japan for the hatchback as well which means the every hatchback variant besides the type r will be built in NA only and again , maybe the type r will be shipped to NA only?. So unless someone can correct my thought process on this article , then the OP title is misleading us to believe the type r is now being built in NA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read the article and they said nothing about the type r being built in NA. They did say production is being shifted to Japan for the hatchback as well which means the every hatchback variant besides the type r will be built in Japan only and again shipped to NA. So unless someone can correct my thought process on this article , then the OP title is misleading us to believe the type r is now being built in NA.
Why is every comment to every post I make calling names or what ever. Go back and read the first sentence in the second paragraph. Not to.mention the write ups title and the part where honda head says they decided to make north American cars in north America. I didnt miss lead anyone.

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
I read the article and they said nothing about the type r being built in NA. They did say production is being shifted to Japan for the hatchback as well which means the every hatchback variant besides the type r will be built in Japan only and again shipped to NA. So unless someone can correct my thought process on this article , then the OP title is misleading us to believe the type r is now being built in NA.
Did you read the same article? It literally says,

Honda will bring North American Civic Hatchback production to North America, Automotive News reports, citing confirmation from Honda CEO Takahiro Hachigo. "Given our efforts to optimize production allocation and production capacity on a global scale, we have concluded that we will produce the Civic for North America in North America," Hachigo told AN.
And the Automotive News report it was referencing:

When Honda ends production in the U.K. and Turkey in 2021, the carmaker will shift reliance to its U.S. and Canadian plants to meet Civic demand there.
Only reference to production being shifted to Japan was related to electric vehicles:

Honda also will consolidate production of electrified vehicles into global hubs, including Japan and China, as it gears up to derive two-thirds of its total sales from electrified vehicles by 2030.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Did you read the same article? It literally says,

And the Automotive News report it was referencing:

Only reference to production being shifted to Japan was related to electric vehicles:

Did you read the article ?
Production will shift to Japan and North America, likely coinciding with the introduction of the next-generation Civic Hatch. Other variants of the US-spec Civic are manufactured in Indiana and Ontario, Canada.

IT SAYS NO WHERE IN THE ARTICLE THE TYPE R IS GURRANTEED TO BE PRODUCED IN NA. FOR ALL WE KNOW IT COULD BE PRODUCED IN JAPAN! THE OTHER HATCHBACK VARIANTS WILL BE PRODUCED IN NA

SO AGAIN WHERE ARE YOU SEEING THE TYPE R IN A SENTENCE THAT WILL BE PRODUCED IN NA!

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Why is every comment to every post I make calling names or what ever. Go back and read the first sentence in the second paragraph. Not to.mention the write ups title and the part where honda head says they decided to make north American cars in north America. I didnt miss lead anyone.
yeah tell me again where you are seeing that Honda of japan and the CEO clearly states the TYPE R will be produced in NA. For all we know it could still be produced in japan along with the engine and transmission and never come to NA again.

So again re read the article and quote where it says the type r is coming to NA

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah tell me again where you are seeing that Honda of japan and the CEO clearly states the TYPE R will be produced in NA. For all we know it could still be produced in japan along with the engine and transmission and never come to NA again.

So again re read the article and quote where it says the type r is coming to NA
I would love for once to make a post about R news or what ever to inform fellow R owners of happenings without someone coming into to conversations and just being a dick. It's a news write up that's all. I was sharing that's all. Damn dude. Not sure where you get off saying I was misleading anyone. Damn.

Anyway there is the write interpret as you see fit. Not gonna argue about it. Was just posting for others to read is all.

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you read the article ?
Production will shift to Japan and North America, likely coinciding with the introduction of the next-generation Civic Hatch. Other variants of the US-spec Civic are manufactured in Indiana and Ontario, Canada.

IT SAYS NO WHERE IN THE ARTICLE THE TYPE R IS GURRANTEED TO BE PRODUCED IN NA. FOR ALL WE KNOW IT COULD BE PRODUCED IN JAPAN! THE OTHER HATCHBACK VARIANTS WILL BE PRODUCED IN NA

SO AGAIN WHERE ARE YOU SEEING THE TYPE R IN A SENTENCE THAT WILL BE PRODUCED IN NA!
Ah, the internet, where caps lock is cruise control for cool. Nice.

Anyway, the implication, based on re-reading the entirety of the article, is that NA hatches will be produced in NA, and EU and JP hatches will be produced in Japan. There's no reason to assume without further clarification that the same wouldn't hold true for the Type R.

Honda will bring North American Civic Hatchback production to North America, Automotive News reports, citing confirmation from Honda CEO Takahiro Hachigo. "Given our efforts to optimize production allocation and production capacity on a global scale, we have concluded that we will produce the Civic for North America in North America," Hachigo told AN.

This is part of a greater shift in where Honda builds its global vehicles. It will end production of the current Civic Hatchback, including the Type R, in the UK and Turkey in 2021. Production will shift to Japan and North America, likely coinciding with the introduction of the next-generation Civic Hatch. Other variants of the US-spec Civic are manufactured in Indiana and Ontario, Canada.

Last edited:

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
I think the news posted here is conflicting with the initial press release by Honda where they say the Swindon plant output will be consolidated into Japan. All the articles since then have been updated to reflect the recent news that Honda will be moving the NA Hatch production to North America.

You can infer that if Honda continues to make the Type R in the Hatch format for 11th Generation, it too will be made here in NA where the Hatch manufacturing will be. If they switch platforms for the Type R, or they cancel it entirely... then :dunno:

There's a lot of 'if's, but I wouldn't go trashing Harlaquin because his line of thinking on that is correct 'if' Honda keeps the Type R in the same format that is popular now. Okay to call him out on a bold title statement that is still not 100% certain ;)

We'll see what happens. But we can certainly assume that the 10g CTR will likely not see mid-gen updates as Harlaquin stated.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
I would love for once to make a post about R news or what ever to inform fellow R owners of happenings without someone coming into to conversations and just being a dick. It's a news write up that's all. I was sharing that's all. Damn dude. Not sure where you get off saying I was misleading anyone. Damn.

Anyway there is the write interpret as you see fit. Not gonna argue about it. Was just posting for others to read is all.

Do you have to insult your fellow forum members when someone is trying to help you understand the article?

dick1
Dictionary result for dick
/dik/
VULGAR SLANG
noun
VULGAR SLANG
  1. 1.
    a penis.
  2. 2.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    anything at all.
    "you don't know dick about this—you haven't a clue!"
verb
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. 1.
    INFORMAL
    handle something inexpertly; meddle.
    "he started dicking around with the controls"
  2. 2.
    (of a man) have sexual intercourse with (someone).

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a lot of 'if's, but I wouldn't go trashing Harlaquin because his line of thinking on that is correct 'if' Honda keeps the Type R in the same format that is popular now. Okay to call him out on a bold title statement that is still not 100% certain ;)
Thanks. Guess I need to work on my titles. I thought the" Looks like" part would of suggested the "maybe" part and the rest would of been gathered from the actual write up but guess I was wrong. There are those that i guess expect a title to include all details and pertaining facts.

So.. Current write up on honda production hints at but with out saying directly that maybe Civic production could come to north America. But harlaquin is asking if hatch comes to NA america could R come too? Think that will fit in title bar?

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Ah, the internet, where caps lock is cruise control for cool. Nice.

Anyway, the implication, based on re-reading the entirety of the article, is that NA hatches will be produced in NA, and EU and JP hatches will be produced in Japan. There's no reason to assume without further clarification that the same wouldn't hold true for the Type R.
and there is no reason that it could be false that we will never see the type r after 2021

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have to insult your fellow forum members when someone is trying to help you understand the article?

dick1
Dictionary result for dick
/dik/
VULGAR SLANG
noun
VULGAR SLANG
  1. 1.
    a penis.
  2. 2.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    anything at all.
    "you don't know dick about this—you haven't a clue!"
verb
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. 1.
    INFORMAL
    handle something inexpertly; meddle.
    "he started dicking around with the controls"
  2. 2.
    (of a man) have sexual intercourse with (someone).
Sigh well I just wanted to share info with yall, sorry this fell apart so quickly. But this person is determined to derail this thread.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
I think the news posted here is conflicting with the initial press release by Honda where they say the Swindon plant output will be consolidated into Japan. All the articles since then have been updated to reflect the recent news that Honda will be moving the NA Hatch production to North America.

You can infer that if Honda continues to make the Type R in the Hatch format for 11th Generation, it too will be made here in NA where the Hatch manufacturing will be. If they switch platforms for the Type R, or they cancel it entirely... then :dunno:

We'll see what happens. But we can certainly assume that the 10g CTR will likely not see mid-gen updates as Harlaquin stated.
Thank you, Harlquin should change the OP title to say it is likely but not guaranteed that the type r will be produced in NA. Anything else he is creating false rumors that the type r will be produced in NA

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and there is no reason that it could be false that we will never see the type r after 2021
Whatever. The point is that without more information from Honda, it's reasonable to think that Type R production could partly or entirely move to NA. That's all @Harlaquin was suggesting.

Sigh well I just wanted to share info with yall, sorry this fell apart so quickly. But this person is determined to derail this thread.
Yeah, dude flew off the handle pretty quickly. Thanks for the heads up anyway - hadn't seen that update til you posted it.
Sponsored