• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Looming rail strike and transportation delays

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Hi everyone. I wanted to create this thread as the CTR's from Richmond port start making their way east. This can serve as a place to discuss and transportation delays or updates in regards to the looming strike that may be happening in December. The strike will impact freight rails, but also it will impact other transportation methods as most of the diesel fuel trucks use are transported via rail.

Here is a good article from substack that sums up what is going on at the moment: https://blackmon.substack.com/p/looming-rail-strike-complicates-biden

EDIT: Hopefully the government and the unions can work out a deal to prevent any further delays. It would be nice if all the allotted cars were at their dealerships before Xmas.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems like Biden is now set to ask Congress to enforce the tentative agreement that was reached in September. Which could allow congress to force the unions to accept the agreement and prevent a lockdown based on grave national concerns.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
My new type r has been showing in transit for a month now and the car is still showing in Ca. code red, whatever that means ? If there is anybody that works for a dealership that could tell me what code red means, it would be appreciated. Talked to the dealership yesterday and was told that the ETA was last week and still no car. Well could it be the rail shipping to the Midwest or something else? If it goes on after the 15th I am going to get worried as I sold my 22SI a month or so ago and the dealership has been letting me drive a loaner car until the type r came in. Well I guess for now I am not having to pay for a car. Lol. Any other thoughts?

OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My new type r has been showing in transit for a month now and the car is still showing in Ca. code red, whatever that means ? If there is anybody that works for a dealership that could tell me what code red means, it would be appreciated. Talked to the dealership yesterday and was told that the ETA was last week and still no car. Well could it be the rail shipping to the Midwest or something else? If it goes on after the 15th I am going to get worried as I sold my 22SI a month or so ago and the dealership has been letting me drive a loaner car until the type r came in. Well I guess for now I am not having to pay for a car. Lol. Any other thoughts?
Have you been in contact with the dealership for updates? I know AspecR has been providing people with updates from IN for peoples VIN's. You could maybe ask?

OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/30/us-rail-strike-unions-decry-biden-proposal

It seems like Congress is poised to pass the resolution today that will prevent the rail unions from striking.

" Parker expressed dismay and disappointment over the Biden administration’s push to impose a tentative agreement most railroad workers voted against, and warned the impacts of doing so without addressing the quality-of-life issues will likely lead to higher attrition rates in a workforce that has already experienced significant declines in employment in recent years. "

So it seems like this is going to prevent any major issues, but it could cause more attrition in an already dismal workforce. Hopefully everyone still gets their original allottment before Christmas.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Have you been in contact with the dealership for updates? I know AspecR has been providing people with updates from IN for peoples VIN's. You could maybe ask?
I do every week ! Lol. Probably driving them nuts. Lol

OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/30/rail-strike-house-approves-tentative-labor-deal.html

Update: House has passed the legislation to stop a national rail strike. It is now headed to the Senate today who say they will also pass it swiftly. Good news, but also bad news if a bunch of those rail guys just quit, leaving an already waning workforce even more desperate for bodies.

One thing to note about this situation is that it transcends rail transport delays as most of the diesel fuel that trucks use to transport comes via rail.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/30/rail-strike-house-approves-tentative-labor-deal.html

Update: House has passed the legislation to stop a national rail strike. It is now headed to the Senate today who say they will also pass it swiftly. Good news, but also bad news if a bunch of those rail guys just quit, leaving an already waning workforce even more desperate for bodies.

One thing to note about this situation is that it transcends rail transport delays as most of the diesel fuel that trucks use to transport comes via rail.
Don't worry I slipped the rail guys a 20 to not quit until the CTRs are delivered

WattUpD

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Don't worry I slipped the rail guys a 20 to not quit until the CTRs are delivered
Most of these rail guys mostly make a $200k/yr you need to slip them $20k to do any work lol

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Most of these rail guys mostly make a $200k/yr you need to slip them $20k to do any work lol
You're right. I bet you it'd be more effective if I slipped em a few sick days

OP
OP
CyberCTR

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Are Warren Buffett’s (I think he owns BNSF) profits being affected if they go on strike? Why are politicians getting involved in this?
Sponsored

Last edited: