• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Motortrend Base Numbers are Wrong ?

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
When Honda released the 10th gen, they needed a home run. And with the base 1.5 turbo they had it. A car that was vastly sportier looking and vastly quicker than the previous generation. So fast, that it was just a tick behind the 10th gen Si and faster than the 9th gen Si in 0-60 times.

Fast forward to the 11th generation. Honda decided to tone down the look and tone down the power a bit. I honestly think it was detuned a bit for two reasons.

1. It helps with corporate numbers in terms of mpgs and such.

2. Unlike the 10th gen, there will now be a bigger gap between the 11th sedan and 11th Si acceleration.
That makes sense on why the Hondata tune looked like it was such a huge gain. Link below for the results..

Hondata tune
Sponsored

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So, even though I think Honda detuned the 1.5 a bit for the masses, it might actually be a better platform for those of us who like their engines tuned.
Do you think the CVT will have the limitations as the 10th gen version?

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
CVTs always have limitations. :cool:
Regardless, can’t wait to see what Derek from IMW and John from Phearable will have for OTS tunes. Most of all, I want to see the Si already that way I know to continue modding my 10th or stop.
Sponsored