• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MSRP Only Dealerships For 2023 Civic Type R

lksfstcars

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Acura RDX
It appears that in the Toyota community there is a growing trend of dealers who are bucking the ADM trend and selling at MSRP -- The GRCorolla and GR86 forums have a running list of "Only MSRP" dealerships, see HERE.

Thought it might be worth starting a thread for people to add to if they know of Honda dealers who play nice.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Great idea. They exist. Just because most dealerships are assholes doesn’t mean they’re all bad.

There’s a Toyota by me that hasn’t sold a single GR86 at a markup. A dealership like that will earn a lifetime customer.

allbent

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 Pilot Elite, '08 H3A, '14 Cayman S
Crown Honda in Holland, Michigan is an MSRP dealer. When I put down my deposit for a Type R they told me the owner won't allow them to mark up over MSRP. I assume this also applies at Crown Toyota.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
Most dealers who sell at MSRP do not sell at MSRP on a consistent basis. For example, my first CTR I bought in 2019 was sold to me at MSRP by a dealer who otherwise almost always charges markup, it just happened to be that at the time of my purchase, they had 4 CTRs in inventory and thus, were willing to part ways with the one I bought at MSRP.

My brother bought his CTR from another dealer who also regularly charged over MSRP as well, but similar to my situation, they ended up getting 3 CTRs in inventory and thus, sold my brother his CTR at MSRP (this was 2019, pre-pandemic).

With the exception of maybe 5-10 dealers across the country who are stringent MSRP-sellers, I think most dealers will not by default sell at MSRP, rather, it will be a situational sale (ie they have plenty of inventory, need to hit month/quarter end sales numbers, etc.).

This thread should essentially mirror the "dealer nice list" thread found on the CTR forum on civicx.com, but certainly won't be an accurate "MSRP only" dealer list

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
If they can get someone to pay that markup they will, and being as it is a redesign and the first year of it, you will probably see almost all of them marked up, the same as the 2017.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Crown Honda in Holland, Michigan is an MSRP dealer. When I put down my deposit for a Type R they told me the owner won't allow them to mark up over MSRP. I assume this also applies at Crown Toyota.
Did they tell you that you're first in line? I called today and they said I'm second. Just fact checking them lol

What color are you looking for?

tqsteer

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R (on order), 2001 Mazda Miata.
Burkle Honda in whitebear lake MN will sell at MSRP. I put a deposit down, first in line for the new one there. They have some accessories they will add but it's the best deal I will find in this market.
Ready for any more info on the car!

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
They have some accessories they will add but it's the best deal I will find in this market.
In FL, MSRP + accessories regularly meant $2-$5k over MSRP, and the accessories themselves were usually less than $500 when buying direct from Honda suppliers online. Hope in your case you don't get raked over coals, but from my experience in FL, "mandatory accessories" usually means a rough premium over MSRP

allbent

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 Pilot Elite, '08 H3A, '14 Cayman S
Did they tell you that you're first in line? I called today and they said I'm second. Just fact checking them lol

What color are you looking for?
I am first in line. Gave them a deposit back in December, and told them to get me a blue one…whatever blue that turns out to be.
I am not surprised if you are second - they are not known as a performance/enthusiast dealer.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I am first in line. Gave them a deposit back in December, and told them to get me a blue one…whatever blue that turns out to be.
I am not surprised if you are second - they are not known as a performance/enthusiast dealer.
Are they a volume dealer? Asking because its to my understanding that a more a dealer sells the better allocations they get.

I told them I want a white one. Not picky about which type of white as I like both Championship White or the Platinum White Pearl. Championship White has some nostalgic factor from when I was growing up, especially if it has a black roof!

Would you take something other than blue?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Are they a volume dealer? Asking because its to my understanding that a more a dealer sells the better allocations they get.

I told them I want a white one. Not picky about which type of white as I like both Championship White or the Platinum White Pearl. Championship White has some nostalgic factor from when I was growing up, especially if it has a black roof!

Would you take something other than blue?
Whats the difference between the two? Does Championship white have more of a cream white, similar to Wimbledon White? Or are they both shades of pure white? I would love to get a cream white so that it matches my GT350. Im not sure all of the options that were available for the previous generation throughout the model years but I believe the early models had a cream white. Personally I really hope they significantly improve the cooling and aero on the car so overheating/heatsoaking shouldn't be a big issue on the track.

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
In FL, MSRP + accessories regularly meant $2-$5k over MSRP, and the accessories themselves were usually less than $500 when buying direct from Honda suppliers online. Hope in your case you don't get raked over coals, but from my experience in FL, "mandatory accessories" usually means a rough premium over MSRP
Hey I live in Florida too. Made an account to lurk here. I am thinking about getting the car in 2023, so might get the next model year. So you are saying I should be looking out of state to get one? Mind sharing on how you were able to get your CTR? I live in Orlando btw

Last edited:

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
Hey I live in Florida too. Made an account to lurk here. I am thinking about getting the car in 2023, so might get the next model year. So you are saying I should be looking out of state to get one? Mind sharing on how you were able to get your CTR? I live in Orlando btw
I know FL Honda dealers very, very well through my buying experiences. I bought two CTRs since 2019 and I was a big part in helping my brother buy his CTR as well. You should 100% plan on buying out of state if you are firm on only paying MSRP. If you are willing to spend $1k-$5k over MSRP, you can easily land a CTR in FL.

My CTR LE was impossible to buy in state, but because I had essentially secured an out of state purchase with $5k mark up, Jenkins Honda in Leesburg matched the out of state dealer. Jenkins otherwise was firm on $15k mark up.

My first CTR in 2019 was bought when CTR inventory happened to be at an all time high nationwide (~750 brand new units were for sale across the country at that time, pre covid of course). The dealer had 4 CTRs in their possession and thus, let me get into mine for MSRP (Southeastern Honda in Palm Bay). That said, Southeastern Honda otherwise has a terrible track record for selling at MSRP.

Jenkins Honda in Leesburg also sold my brother his CTR for MSRP, but similar to my first CTR, the timing was right as they had two in inventory and were taking delivery of another two at the time that my brother got his, also in 2019 when inventory was at an all time high.

In short, if you want to buy from an FL dealer, it takes a bit of luck with timing and a ton of effort between emailing, calling and texting sales reps at dealers. The Coggin chain of dealers in FL and Tampa Bay dealers (ie Westshore, Tampa Honda, Wesley Chapel, etc.) are the worst I dealt with in all my experience.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Contacted them, was rejected bc I'm not local and don't have a trade in + finance. Offered to finance but not good enough. Really sucks being a CA resident sometimes, not everybody lives in the bay making bank ?
Sponsored