• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring purchase

ryannel2003

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback (Sport Touring)
New member here but a long time Honda owner (many Accord's and 1 CR-V) and honestly I was waiting for my new Accord Sport 2.0 to come in (I work at a Honda dealership in service) but today I saw a truck pull up with a brand new Meteorite Sport Touring hatch I figured I should take a look. My salesperson had been begging me to drive the new Civic and told me he liked it better than the Accord (which I honestly scoffed at). Anyways to make a long story short... I'm now the proud owner of a new hatchback. So far I've really enjoyed the car and almost put 90 miles on it.

11th Gen Honda Civic My 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring purchase CIVIC 2

11th Gen Honda Civic My 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring purchase CIVIC

11th Gen Honda Civic My 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring purchase CIVIC 3

Coming from the Accord this honestly doesn't feel like a step down in quality or drivability. I was never a big fan of the 10th Gen Civic (Type R excluded) but this actually drives like a mini Accord. The extra room of the hatchback is nice and I love the new interior layout. The Bose stereo is really good and easily the best system Honda has ever put in a car and the seats are more comfortable than anything I've ever owned from Honda (sans my 21 CR-V... those are great!). If I did have some negatives it would probably pertain to some petty things like the console lid feeling kind of flimsy and some of the plastics on the lower part of the dash are thin but that's me being really nit-picky. I have a feeling I'll really enjoy this car. Please feel free to ask any questions as I'm learning things about the car as I go along.
Sponsored

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thanks for posting, the car looks great! How do you find the interior space, specifically the back seat legroom, compared to the Accord? I have 19 Accord 2.0T now and am very tempted to actually "step down" to the ST Hatch (or maybe Type R?) for the hatch and improved interior design. Only concern I have is back seat space, which is enormous in the Accord and good for car seats (plus I am 6'4'', so it means the back seat behind me isn't compromised too much).

OP
OP

ryannel2003

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback (Sport Touring)
Thanks for posting, the car looks great! How do you find the interior space, specifically the back seat legroom, compared to the Accord? I have 19 Accord 2.0T now and am very tempted to actually "step down" to the ST Hatch (or maybe Type R?) for the hatch and improved interior design. Only concern I have is back seat space, which is enormous in the Accord and good for car seats (plus I am 6'4'', so it means the back seat behind me isn't compromised too much).
Thank you! I'm really enjoying it so far. It's not as roomy as the Accord in the rear but honestly it has a lot more space than I was expecting. If you can go to a dealership who has one I would try the car seats out first. I would think with you being so tall you might not have a ton of space behind you like the Accord.

I love the interior design of the current Accord but I like the Civic even more. It feels like a high quality vehicle much like the Accord. I've only had 1.5 Accord's but I know you might miss the power of the 2.0 since you've already owned one. For me it wasn't a huge downgrade since this car is lighter than the Accord was. I'll post some interior pictures after work today.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thank you! I'm really enjoying it so far. It's not as roomy as the Accord in the rear but honestly it has a lot more space than I was expecting. If you can go to a dealership who has one I would try the car seats out first. I would think with you being so tall you might not have a ton of space behind you like the Accord.

I love the interior design of the current Accord but I like the Civic even more. It feels like a high quality vehicle much like the Accord. I've only had 1.5 Accord's but I know you might miss the power of the 2.0 since you've already owned one. For me it wasn't a huge downgrade since this car is lighter than the Accord was. I'll post some interior pictures after work today.
Thanks for the response! I think you may be right about figuring out if the space will work, I will likely have to lug the car seat in to see how it fits. And I agree regarding the interior design, the new Civic interior refines what Honda did with the Accord, and adds the wireless phone connect, Bose audio; overall it seems like a huge improvement all around.

tomc

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Integra GSR / 2022 Civic Sport Hatch
I'm also in service and just picked up a Sport! Love the hatchback in Meteorite, looks great. Hope you're enjoying it!
Sponsored