• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My antifreeze is in the low line to barely bellow the low line. Are most of your cars level set at that level when cold.

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
Are most of your cars antifreeze level set at that the bottom line to just bellow? I have the sedan built around June. I am thinking of adding a little water.
Sponsored

OP
OP
leodan

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
I went to get the key they owed me due to the chip shortage. They brought the antifreeze to the appropriate level. Thanks.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The coolant marks represent cold and hot levels, not low or high. The bottom mark is full cold, the top mark is max upper level for hot. Don't let it get below the bottom mark cold, or above the top mark hot,

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
The coolant marks represent cold and hot levels, not low or high. The bottom mark is full cold, the top mark is max upper level for hot. Don't let it get below the bottom mark cold, or above the top mark hot,
Best read your Owner's Manual - paraphrased ..."when cool, level should be between min & max marks"

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Best read your Owner's Manual - paraphrased ..."when cool, level should be between min & max marks"
My manual is actually worded differently, but you are correct about min and max marks, thanks for correcting that.

Oddly enough my manual says to fill to the Max. mark and checked cool. I am not sure I agree with that and I won't be following that suggestion as it will be way above the max mark when the engine is full hot and the cooling system dumps hot fluid into the reservoir. I am sure the Honda engineers have tested it, but I am a bit skeptical, hmmm ?.

You basically want to make sure the level is not below the low mark when cold, to keep the radiator from sucking air into the cooling system. The low mark when cold means it should be even higher when hot and never low enough to cause the cooling system to suck in air. Hot fluid dumps into the reservoir on expansion when hot, and it gets sucked back into the cooling system on cool-down. I agree to keep it in the middle zone between min and max. when cold, so there is room for expansion but enough fluid not to allow air to enter the system on cool-down. At least that is my thinking.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
"... Oddly enough my manual says to fill to the Max. mark"... - my version does too but I paraphrased to state only the necessary info. Cheers!

OP
OP
leodan

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
I have noticed the reservoir level keeps going down. I have to add about a small glass size of liquid once per year.
Sponsored