• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New CTR vs '21 CTR LE

CarmanXI

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2, JGC SRT
In watching comparative videos around Suzuka it appeared that the new CTR has more torque mid-range than the '21 CTR SE. No way to verify as it is just a subjective observation. Top speeds were very close suggesting HP is about the same. Maybe the new CTR engine is tuned for more mid-range torque like the Si.
Sponsored

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
In watching comparative videos around Suzuka it appeared that the new CTR has more torque mid-range than the '21 CTR SE. No way to verify as it is just a subjective observation. Top speeds were very close suggesting HP is about the same. Maybe the new CTR engine is tuned for more mid-range torque like the Si.
Such strange and extreme speculation. So you went in looking for series of turns where you're measuring the speeds prior to shifting? Though keep in mind if you apply more mid-range, you end up faster on any given straight with the same peak output and same weight/aero. Keeping in mind these are different days, different conditions, different tire compounds (even if it's the same model tire, there's 5 years of development in it tweaking the compound). Simply put you're not going to be able to see a less than 10% power difference in a hero lap video, much less a specific RPM range.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
I think it is hard to speculate on this. It seems logical that they will build out the midrange a bit, but honestly who knows what they have up their sleeve.

The way I see it we need something to talk about and speculate lol…cuz Honda isn’t giving us any real info! :werd:
Yeah the GrC showed up in a few obscure teasers in the late fall of last year... now suddenly they are fully launched, and we are still out in the cold over at Honda, haha.

I am coming up on my 1 year anniversary of getting on the waitlist for a new Type-R now, LOL
Sponsored