• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Hurry up Honda and take my money!!! Lol

Also, I really want to know the track time for the claimed fastest Type R ever.

Wonder if "coming this summer" means summer delivery. That'd be really nice to get some driving in before winter hits.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST

Wonder if "coming this summer" means summer delivery. That'd be really nice to get some driving in before winter hits.
I think if it debuts, as people have predicted, between now and the middle of July, that would mean we will probably see it hit the streets somewhere between the end of September and the beginning of November…

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
No record announced….?
With as many eyes as there probably are on the Nurburgring, I’d think we’d know if an official run had been made, right? Most of the glimpses caught there, you can tell are just testing laps, and not a record run… so maybe the official run hasn’t actually happened yet.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
Just hit my garage before the end of October before I have to put the winter setup on and I'd be happy.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI

people get so hungup on fastest track time ever. Track times are basically marketing. It requires not only prepped car but perfect weather and conditions. Not to mention a driver with significant experience. Bragging about track times is like buying a pair of Jordans and thinking it will make you play like the GOAT. Remember when Sabine was passing people in much faster sports cars in a diesel cargo van at the Ring?

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Nice, something official. I really think it'll do a lap in the 7:30s, which would be remarkable for a manual, fwd car. Curious to see whether the tire is bespoke to the Type R, or an off-the-shelf variant.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
people get so hungup on fastest track time ever. Track times are basically marketing. It requires not only prepped car but perfect weather and conditions. Not to mention a driver with significant experience. Bragging about track times is like buying a pair of Jordans and thinking it will make you play like the GOAT. Remember when Sabine was passing people in much faster sports cars in a diesel cargo van at the Ring?
I think you make a good point, but they do show potential…not like you can take a Prius out and set a world record just because you have a good driver and tires.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
At this point its the expectation and i dont think Honda would have gone back to the ring unless they felt confident they could achieve the record.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Bro, Honda still trolling with the camo 🤣 I just cant anymore 😂😂

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
I think production car track records are fun to see, as long as its not at the expense of making a great road car.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Dear Honda,

Please keep making people wait and make them lose interest, so I have less competition ;)
And also, let people keep claiming every single one is going to sell with a $25k markup, to make there be even less competition!

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
It's hard not to compare track times. I do agree there's a lot more factors involved in getting good track times. But I would like to have some level of comparison between generations. I do also intend to take it to the track like I did with my K20A swapped Acura EL that I've had to part ways with. Between everything going on in my life, I couldn't bring that car back to driving conditions for a couple years and had to let it go (I'm desperate for my next car to live up to my expectations). I'll miss the high revving NA but will appreciate more power and hopefully get similar directness in input. I think more important than better track times, I'm interested in how they achieved them. Chassis and suspension tuning means a lot to me. Some extra power/torque wouldn't hurt either...haha.

Other aspects in track time that's interesting is comparing a car with ~300hp to ones with ~500hp. If they're not far apart, there's a good chance the one with lower power handles better. That's what I'm ultimately looking for (but also needs to be versatile as I'm a dad).
Sponsored