• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Owner Observation / Stories

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Has anyone thought of getting Rigid Collars?
Seems a bit extreme. Would probably be the last modification I would do before going full roll cage in a car. I don''t expect that all 4 holes in the each subframe to be shifting that much to notice a difference on a street car. The cost is substantial for what I would consider a minimal difference.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Seems a bit extreme. Would probably be the last modification I would do before going full roll cage in a car. I don''t expect that all 4 holes in the each subframe to be shifting that much to notice a difference on a street car. The cost is substantial for what I would consider a minimal difference.
I agree. I would get the forged wheels for handling benefits before that.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
You’ve probably never experienced a car before and after they’ve been installed. The difference in response and feel is immediate.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Some spoke this should be the very first mod that type r needs and it does opposite of what you all thinking, which is stiffen the ride, but rather it makes it more smoother/damper.

My concern is, should I get both front and rear? Or just fronts? 🧐
Get both, if you’re already down there might as well knock out both areas

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
You’ve probably never experienced a car before and after they’ve been installed. The difference in response and feel is immediate.
No kidding huh? How much to drop those in?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
No kidding huh? How much to drop those in?

Shouldn’t be too much, you only have to move the subframe down far enough for the collars to slide in, doesn’t need a full disassembly.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I have driven only about 400 miles so far, the winter here has been rough, but man is this thing fun. Coming from an 05 rsx type s there is a wild difference in power and feel. It feels like I am riding a wild mustang at times with just the sheer quickness it has and untapped power.

I took it for a longer trip recently and quickly realized I could get into some trouble with how fast it is. Was easily hitting triple digits and it didn't feel like I was at all. Going 80 feels like nothing as well. I ended up getting behind a GT4 getting on the highway and we had a fun pull up to 100 as we merged, luckily there wasn't much traffic. The FL5 is a blast and I can't wait to drive it more as temperatures heat up. I find myself just making excuses to go drive it anywhere.

One thing I have noticed that I am not sure about is I have an audible clicking sound and feel when shifting into 1st/3rd gear at times. It just makes a click and a sound. Not sure what that is. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

Some spoke this should be the very first mod that type r needs and it does opposite of what you all thinking, which is stiffen the ride, but rather it makes it more smoother/damper.

Please let us know how it goes and how much it lands up being if possible!

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5

This and the rear motor mount bushing made a good difference in the FK8. I'd suspect it do the same for the FL5.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Rigid collar is something I am likely to get some time down the road.

Not sure if you ever tried chassis brace(s) that bolts to similar locations. Would you say rigid collar is more effective if you can only get either of them?

Trunkster

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Does this take the bounce out of the ride? I sometimes have a hard time adjusting the volume knob or talking on the phone because there is so much bounce going on.

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
Does this take the bounce out of the ride? I sometimes have a hard time adjusting the volume knob or talking on the phone because there is so much bounce going on.
Are you in comfort mode when you’re experiencing bouncing feel?

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Let it rip after the break-in period, I waited until 1k miles for good measure. These cars are meant to be flogged and redlined. Just make sure the car is warmed up. This is how my S2000 was treated until I sold it at 315k miles, still in top mechanical condition.
315k on an S2000?? Impressive!

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
This and the rear motor mount bushing made a good difference in the FK8. I'd suspect it do the same for the FL5.
It will be just as effective. A good alternative from replacing the entire dog bone mount for maximum comfort.

I would like to see if any FK8 owner who runs the Hasport Stage 1 mount set is willing to give me a ride. That will help me decide if I just want to upgrade all the mounts or just the dogbone mount. Had to upgrade every mount on my last car because they were inadequately soft.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
315k on an S2000?? Impressive!
Yep! And on Mobil 1 EP 10W-30 as well (in case people have doubts about using a "mediocre oil" lol). Posted the sale on FB marketplace and got 50 inquiries in the first half hour, with some begging to see the car first, it was insane lol. Sold for $9k back in 2020, maybe I should have aimed higher.
Sponsored