• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Official M2 unveiling won't be until October, so I wouldn't expect any public displays of it until after that. Funny thing is that I'm cross-shopping the M2 and the Civic Type R. I'm wondering if I could get decent fun and much more practicality for 30k less, especially given I already have a 1M... They need to release the Type R soon enough so that we can see what it truly looks like and how it performs.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Take this for what it is….
HondaProJason just sold his FK8 and stated in a video he expects his FL CTR to be here end of summer…

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Take this for what it is….
HondaProJason just sold his FK8 and stated in a video he expects his FL CTR to be here end of summer…
I've had a dealer tell me mid-August also... not sure how reliable they are though, but good to hear other sources may be saying something similar.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
It really does seem like late summer is going to be go time. I was told months ago by my dealer that production start was September, so this all seems consistent. Honda's MO lately seems to be that they announce a car, and even have first impression reviews out, almost at the same time that cars are shipping to dealers, or maybe within a few weeks or a month. The HRV went from announced to "in dealers" in pretty short order. Other manufactures, such as BMW with the M2, seem to like to give material "leaks" and first rides/impressions months before the car is fully unveiled. I don't know what's better, but it makes waiting for the Type R difficult because we get very little info before the full reveal.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
It really does seem like late summer is going to be go time. I was told months ago by my dealer that production start was September, so this all seems consistent. Honda's MO lately seems to be that they announce a car, and even have first impression reviews out, almost at the same time that cars are shipping to dealers, or maybe within a few weeks or a month. The HRV went from announced to "in dealers" in pretty short order. Other manufactures, such as BMW with the M2, seem to like to give material "leaks" and first rides/impressions months before the car is fully unveiled. I don't know what's better, but it makes waiting for the Type R difficult because we get very little info before the full reveal.
Im thinking it will be a quick turn. Indiana is still producing hatches so they are largely set up.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Im thinking it will be a quick turn. Indiana is still producing hatches so they are largely set up.
Yep, assuming Honda hasn't changed their production line set-ups compared to the 10th gen, the Type Rs were built on the exact same line as the regular civic hatchbacks. They would just sprinkle some CTRs among the regular hatchbacks.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
These are just select journalists being invited to a driving event with prototypes. We really don't know if they'll offer base only or competition models, and specifics around all options and pricing by region. Those will all be revealed in October.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
camo is coming off at goodwood for the M anniversary. Im sure the m2 is a incredible car but it will surely touch 70k. I can’t justify a 70k toy that will spend most time in DC traffic.
Sponsored