• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OEM Size Track Tires

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
It looks like there are very limited options for track/competition/sub 200 TW class tires available in the OEM 265/30/R19 size. I'm only seeing PROXES R888R and of course, the Cup2's but they're not really dedicated track rubber. I see more options offered in the 265/35/R19 size including RT660s and AD09s but not sure what impact, if any, it will have on going slightly taller.

Anyone have any reasonable-cost recommendations? I have the Honda OEM forged wheels as an extra set and want to throw on some tires for upcoming (non comp) track events.
Sponsored

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The stock tire size does not have much options. Cup 2 seems to have much better improvement over Toyo R888R.

You may have a slight hit in acceleration going from 30 to 35 series tire (tire is slightly larger). You already have the forged option wheel, so that is the way to go for better tire options.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
My plan is to wear out the stock tires then buy a set of 18s for track duty and put a regular all season on the oem wheels. Dropping to 18” really opens up the tire options.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
what's your goal with these track tires? there are many types of 'track tires'. just depends on your goal. for example, the OEM 4s are fine to be used on track. if looking for one lap wonders (e.g,. RE71RS), then you'll need to choose a different size.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/track-tire-buyers-guide/

if you're frequently doing track events, i'd just look into a second set of 18s. there are more tire options, 265/35/18.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
It looks like there are very limited options for track/competition/sub 200 TW class tires available in the OEM 265/30/R19 size. I'm only seeing PROXES R888R and of course, the Cup2's but they're not really dedicated track rubber. I see more options offered in the 265/35/R19 size including RT660s and AD09s but not sure what impact, if any, it will have on going slightly taller.

Anyone have any reasonable-cost recommendations? I have the Honda OEM forged wheels as an extra set and want to throw on some tires for upcoming (non comp) track events.
I believe, though could be wrong, that Advan Neova AD08R (old model but still available) and Pirelli Trofeo Rs are also available in the stock size.
Sponsored