• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

spyderdrifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Forte Koup
I'm probably in the minority, but to me, it's not so much the "toned down" look of the new car, as it is the general shape and design. Just not a fan of the bulky front end, and the lack of front to rear rake angle to the belt line. Some people like this look and its fine. Not saying the 10th gen hatch is an awesome design, I just prefer it over the 11th gen. The performance on the new car should be better, so that is a definite plus.

I had the S2000 (I was staring at it for 45 mins in the showroom when it first came out) - good looking car, and so was the late Prelude. They weren't over-styled, yet were simple designs and they look great, even today. And either of them looks better than the FK8 IMO. Doesn't mean I hate the FK8.
To each their own, definitely not a problem there. One of my favorite cars is the 95-99 Eclipse. Love that the car is just smooth curves everywhere. That might be what draws me to the new Type R. I like the headlight treatment on the 10th gen, but not much else other than the overall aggressive look. However I think the 11th gen Type R looks aggressive in a better, more subtle way. I do like the bulged fenders more than the 10th as well. Kinda sets it apart from the rest of the CIvic lineup, similar to Evo's and STi's.
Sponsored

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
I'm probably in the minority, but to me, it's not so much the "toned down" look of the new car, as it is the general shape and design. Just not a fan of the bulky front end, and the lack of front to rear rake angle to the belt line. Some people like this look and its fine. Not saying the 10th gen hatch is an awesome design, I just prefer it over the 11th gen. The performance on the new car should be better, so that is a definite plus.

I had the S2000 (I was staring at it for 45 mins in the showroom when it first came out) - good looking car, and so was the late Prelude. They weren't over-styled, yet were simple designs and they look great, even today. And either of them looks better than the FK8 IMO. Doesn't mean I hate the FK8.
Totally agree, I see myself buying an S2000 at some point, hopefully they will still be affordable by that time, because it shows that keeping these stock will raise prices :)

and my dad had a 2.2 5th gen Prelude, with four wheel steer, what a sound, classic VTec.

I think that lack of rake angle is what the haters refer to as the Audi/VW look :rofl:

Some idiots call this car a Jetta in the front, and by god, I tried to see it, but they've must smoked something heavy to see a Jetta in that front end.
Its clear they just follow what others said when whining about the toned down look, especially the side and rear, but that front end is just an evolution of the 10th gen front, that is clear as daylight.
A bit toned down, yes, but all but a VW front end 🤷‍♂️

I swear, owning a 10th gen, I am about to leave all those groups, sometimes I feel like its a group full of jealous kids that want the new toy, but cant have it, so they beginning attacking the new toy.
And if I dont sense jealousy or envy, its like reading comments from pure retards...

Speaking about clean JDM lines:
- Honda Legend Coupe KA9 generation
- Lexus SC400 👌 wich is actually the executive Supra body (same car 🤪)

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Totally agree, I see myself buying an S2000 at some point, hopefully they will still be affordable by that time, because it shows that keeping these stock will raise prices :)
Yep the rising rake gives it a nice mean stance IMO, especially from the three-quarter viewing angle. Other than the CR suspension and the EDM rear fog light, my S2000 was stock. This toned down car looks way better than the FK8. :cool: I think the Z4 at the time was the over-styled mess. ;)

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos SmartSelect_20220731-132930_Facebook

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos SmartSelect_20220731-132111_Facebook

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do however prefer the AP2 with its subtle exterior and interior updates ;)

(In europe we kept the same engine during the AP1 and AP2 upgrades)

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I do however prefer the AP2 with its subtle exterior and interior updates ;)

(In europe we kept the same engine during the AP1 and AP2 upgrades)
Nice! I've only seen 2 S2000s ever during my Europe travels - in Paris and Bucharest. If you squint hard enough in the first pic, you can see the EDM "HONDA" badge as well next to the sidemarker, which I transferred to my FK8. Yep, although the F22C was more usable, I still preferred the F20C for the extra 1k rpm to 9 grand. The AP2 looked great, but still preferred the simpler look of the AP1 (ironically, for the same reason some people don't like the crazy FK8 hah).

So likewise, my preference for the FK8 over the FL5, has pretty much nothing to do with the looks being toned down, just not into the overall underlying shape and stance of the car. Still will be a great machine, no doubt.

Last edited:

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
S2000s are going for crazy money in the UK! Great timeless cars but I think the ship has long sailed on picking up a bargain

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
depends where they top out, I think prices now might be high yes, but still cheap if you would keep em long term because I expect them to go higher

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
I don't think I'll ever sell my S2000, unless I have to...

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that would be a solid plan and its what I'd do, keep it :)

Reactions: MrB

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
I'll probably sell mine some day, but it will be a tough decision.

11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos DSCF2373.JPG

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
damn nice one!

good color, oem rims, AP2 I see, hard top, and oem front lip, golden!

Beenom

First Name
Moneeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Jazz
EU FL5 seems to have reversing sensors whereas the US version doesn't.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Beenom not only that, EU Spec release picture of the interior, we have it all:
- parking sensors front & rear
- alcantara steering wheel
- electric folding mirrors
- and 330hp lol

basically EU spec = Japan spec
11th Gen Honda Civic OFFICIAL: 2023 Civic Type R Reveal Photos, Wallpapers & Videos nieuw

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
@Beenom not only that, EU Spec release picture of the interior, we have it all:
- parking sensors front & rear
- alcantara steering wheel
- electric folding mirrors
- and 330hp lol

basically EU spec = Japan spec
nieuw.jpg
Heated seats
Bose Amp (maybe you get it anyway without badging)