• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official SONIC GRAY 2022+ 11th Gen Civic & Si Thread

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
It looks incredible in the factory photos.

Been digging the similar color on the new Kia K5, I'm glad we can get it on the Civic - fingers crossed for the Si having it.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Sonic Grey is a toss up for me because it changes so drastically in different lighting. In these pics I love it, that medium flat gray color, but I know from my brother in laws hatch that in sunlight it takes on a more... pastel blue gray tone that i'm not particularly in love with...

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the tenth gen sedan would have rocked the SGP much better. This gen's sedan doesn't have the body lines for it, IMO.
I'm not sure about that... I've seen some SGP Accord sport's driving about and they look pretty sharp... given the new civics similarities in design, I think it'll look good. Maybe not as good as the 10th gen, but still sharp.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
I'm not sure about that... I've seen some SGP Accord sport's driving about and they look pretty sharp... given the new civics similarities in design, I think it'll look good. Maybe not as good as the 10th gen, but still sharp.
ehh, I've seen some SGP Accords around too recently and don't think it works on that either. Idk, I think with a color like that, it looks better the more "busy" the car is.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ehh, I've seen some SGP Accords around too recently and don't think it works on that either. Idk, I think with a color like that, it looks better the more "busy" the car is.
Like i mentioned in my other post, a lot of that color depends on the lighting conditions.... in bright direct light I'm not a fan, regardless of what car it's on, but in less direct light/cloudy/shade I tend to love it. But I completely get your perspective too.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I agree...I love the color on the Civic Hatch, even like it on the CR-V but for some reason the color doesn't thrill me on the Accord. Not sure how I'll feel about it on the new Civic...I just hope the SI gets a "COLOR" like a burnt orange or something to make it stand out. I'm tired of the drab color choices from these automakers.

SWIMS

First Name
EDD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
It looks incredible in the factory photos.

Been digging the similar color on the new Kia K5, I'm glad we can get it on the Civic - fingers crossed for the Si having it.
??

SWIMS

First Name
EDD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Sonic Grey is a toss up for me because it changes so drastically in different lighting. In these pics I love it, that medium flat gray color, but I know from my brother in laws hatch that in sunlight it takes on a more... pastel blue gray tone that i'm not particularly in love with...

That’s so interesting because it’s exactly what I love about it! It’s like a cobalt color in certain lighting I think it’s very nice! I feel it gives it more character or something yunno? Such an interesting color to say the least