• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Parts came in for the seat recall

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Anything special to worry about since I am the first one to get the repair at my dealership. They’re giving me a loaner car while they do the Fix. Do my First oil change and swap my all season tires for the OEM tires. Going to use Mobile 1 Nothing to loose for trying it.
thanks for any advice.
regards
Sponsored

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Shouldn't be anything special. I had the seat done and oil change as well today. 1st time at my dealer doing the seat recall. Took them 2 hours for the seat. No scratches or mishaps on my side. Seat feels the same to me afterwards.

OP
OP

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Shouldn't be anything special. I had the seat done and oil change as well today. 1st time at my dealer doing the seat recall. Took them 2 hours for the seat. No scratches or mishaps on my side. Seat feels the same to me afterwards.
Thank You

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Just in case - take a few pictures of the area around the seat and seat cover in front of the service advisor when you take it in. If something is scratched or stained during the repair, then it will be easier to reconcile later. Most have reported no problems, but a few have had some minor and annoying problems. And since the techs can get shortchanged for their time, give them a gift card. It will be sincerely appreciated!

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Have mine schedule for THU 5/11, I will be the first one at my dealership as well. Plan on taking pics of the interior before just as @Rad Ray suggested (just in case) but many here and online have reported no issues.

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Parts came in for the seat recall IMG_0996

Well this is annoying… I dropped it off at 10 am.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
lol wow. That’s ridiculous. Took them 3 hours to do mine and an oil change. Dropped it off at 9. They called me at 12. Sounds to me like they didn’t start actually working on yours until late in day instead of the 10am APPT

IMG_0996.jpeg

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
lol wow. That’s ridiculous. Took them 3 hours to do mine and an oil change. Dropped it off at 9. They called me at 12. Sounds to me like they didn’t start actually working on yours until late in day instead of the 10am APPT
Exactly my thoughts… I don’t have a problem but only thing that worries me is if there’s going to be an issue. I’ve worked at multiple dealerships and have seen things that made me lose trust in service departments… How does your seat feel so far?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
when I dropped it off I told the advisor and the lead tech about the issues I’ve heard about online. Specially the scratches at bottom of door sill area and wrinkles, stained, loose seat covers. They assured me they’d have no issue. Mine was first one the dealer has done and it was 100%. No issues. Seat feels the same.

No wrinkles, scratches or stains.
Also told them do not wash the car.
My seat never squeaked before hand either, just putting that out there.

Exactly my thoughts… I don’t have a problem but only thing that worries me is if there’s going to be an issue. I’ve worked at multiple dealerships and have seen things that made me lose trust in service departments… How does your seat feel so far?

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
I am due for an oil change so I decided to see about having the seat repair done. I've already had it in once for the squeaky seat issue. The dealer required I bring it in for an inspection to make sure I need the repair done even though Honda emailed me and said my car is affected. Not big on having to do an additional day at the dealer since they ask I be there at 9am or before and I work nights so that's a hard ask.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
ya they pulled same crap with me over the phone. I said it’s a stop sale recall and gave them my vin#. Said I wasn’t driving in for something they can verify over the phone. She finally agreed and said yep, you’re affected. Made the appt over the phone and took it in. I’m not doing 2 trips lol.

I am due for an oil change so I decided to see about having the seat repair done. I've already had it in once for the squeaky seat issue. The dealer required I bring it in for an inspection to make sure I need the repair done even though Honda emailed me and said my car is affected. Not big on having to do an additional day at the dealer since they ask I be there at 9am or before and I work nights so that's a hard ask.

OP
OP

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
IMG_0996.jpeg

I dropped mine off also at 10am this morning. Too late, waiting for it to get done already. Will let you folks know if there was any problems with my car when I get it back.

Last edited:

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
ya they pulled same crap with me over the phone. I said it’s a stop sale recall and gave them my vin#. Said I wasn’t driving in for something they can verify over the phone. She finally agreed and said yep, you’re affected. Made the appt over the phone and took it in. I’m not doing 2 trips lol.
I emailed the service manager. Parts are ordered and it will done along with my oil change next week.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
yea,
first dealer I made appointment with said the same thing, and required an inspection. So I immediately consulted these forums & called a different dealer and no funny business...parts ordered and very up front about time frame for repairs...
Sponsored