• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
I’m coming from a mk7.5 GTI. I fancy myself a Honda guy, but always wanted a GTI. I like it, but I’m not going to keep a VW past the warranty period, so I’m coming back to Honda while my the GTI’s resale value is still high. I’ll be out 20hp, but that’s not a big deal for me.
Sponsored

explodingGTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTI
I'm also coming from a mk7.5 GTI, daily drove it for 4 years. The car feels fast but otherwise, IMO, it's not fun to drive, gets boring very fast. 2nd gear is way too tall, you can just floor it and hit over 100km per hour on an entrance ramp, without hitting fuel cutoff. Steering doesn't feel very connected, the manual transmission feels sloppy to me. It's a straight-line kind of car. It might actually be better with the DSG

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
I'm also coming from a mk7.5 GTI
It seems weird to say, but I agree. It’s so effortless (and bland?) to get up to speed that it’s just not that fun. I actually preferred my 2019 to drive, but the GTI’s looks and interior are better. Now the 11th gen has best of both worlds (hopefully).

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Here are the prices I see in Ontario, Canada:
Official Honda Canada Website

- Civic Touring Sedan(CVT): $23,930 USD
- Civic Si: $26,211 USD
Toronto Dealership Website
- Civic Touring Sedan(CVT): $26,069 USD
- Civic Si: $27,966 USD

I believe Canadians pay 13% tax on new cars so a Civic Si might end up costing $31,600 USD before licensing fees.
Strange, the Ontario prices are USD? Looking at reddit, a
how is there an embargo on reviews for driving and You already have one lol
Good question! The sales guy in Newmarket said something along the lines of "I'm not sure if we should be selling this car yet" ?

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol, if OP ever wanted to start a youtube channel, he has a golden opportunity to do so now. He'll beat all the professional reviewers by a week!
I would but I'm not set up with a YouTube channel and don't have the right mounts for camera etc... Also still babying it so it won't bring much satisfaction to viewers lol ?

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m coming from a mk7.5 GTI. I fancy myself a Honda guy, but always wanted a GTI. I like it, but I’m not going to keep a VW past the warranty period, so I’m coming back to Honda while my the GTI’s resale value is still high. I’ll be out 20hp, but that’s not a big deal for me.
I hear you. To be honest I was looking at a GTI, GLI and Wrx as well as this car. I know these options are quicker off the line, not only from 0-60 posts- I've been beat by them all. Honda's just feel better in my opinion.
For the rare time you pull up to a light with a competitor, overall the civic is better.
The WRX powerband feels mushy and unpredictable. The shifting is God awful. Even though it's a fast car, it really doesn't feel like it.
The Volkswagens are really really nice, but they feel kind of clunky (maybe it's just because I'm used to Honda)
I'm willing to sacrifice a second off 0-60 to have an amazing car like this..and I'll spend $1000 to tune it to bring it close.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
we need a driving impressions video. You would be the only person to have one.
I would brother but won't do you guys any justice. Don't have the filming equipment etc..plus I'm still babying it, there's only 300km on it now. Eight days and I'll be watching the driving impressions with you!

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats!! Looks nice. I havent had a Si since 8thgen so it would be a nice jump for myself. Something i noticed is yours has front and rear sensors. The Si’s shown on previous post from the ones that are being currently reviewed in Cali dont have any. Did yours came like that or paid extra?
It came with the sensors! Also heated seats in the back which I wasn't expecting... I'm learning more about this car every minute and I'm grateful I have it

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh man the front license plate should be relocated for a more cleaner look, but that's just me plus coming from someone in alberta where front plates doesn't exist lol

Other than that, congrats!
I hear you brother. To be honest non centered plates look to boy racer for me, not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'm 41 with 4 kids ?

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find it strange that they did that. Wouldn’t it be easier to make it standard for all of North America? Doesnt make sense.
Yeah, I feel really bad for the Us Si enthusiasts.. at first I thought it wasn't too bad. The price is lower in the Us and the car will be lighter. What's bad is the dealers are marking up waayy too much. That's unfair.

OP
OP

mattsSi

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For sure brother, you'll sacrifice off the line but gain everywhere else.

Krebsy718

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW Cross Sport
Yeah, I feel really bad for the Us Si enthusiasts.. at first I thought it wasn't too bad. The price is lower in the Us and the car will be lighter. What's bad is the dealers are marking up waayy too much. That's unfair.
My dealership is owned by Penske and says MSRP only …. No mark ups.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
For sure brother, you'll sacrifice off the line but gain everywhere else.
Frankly, if all it takes to open these new GenXI 1.5T setups is a light tune, then it is going to be a solid full win for the Civic Sedan Touring/Si and Hatches with the 1.5T.

I have no complaints about the pull in my Sedan touring when moving and that is with a CVT. I can't see an Si/manual with a tune to say 200/220 or 220/220+ just making you grin all the time. Especially when we all remember, this is a Civic. The car that was born to beat the EPA by making an engine that could meet the emissions regs WITHOUT a cat. (Come spring, I am getting a tuner for this Civic. No point in the winter and on winters.)

angelc211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Crv
It came with the sensors! Also heated seats in the back which I wasn't expecting... I'm learning more about this car every minute and I'm grateful I have it
Yes Canadian version has front and rear heated seats since its base on touring. USA is wack imo too much $ for with less features. Our Touring is the highest trim and is like a thousand difference in price, really dumb. Still will be a big jump for myself, but going to wait it out. Congrats again and enjoy it??

Dstok

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic hatchback sport 6sp
Question! How's the road noise and ride quality compare to the old hatch? I currently own a 2021 hatchback but wouldn't mind trading up for the SI
Sponsored