• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Hey - do any of you know what the timelines are like for dealers sitting on cars? I know some have loans or insurance or some other expenses that affect how long they are able to sit on a car. Is there a timeframe you know of that would help people here?

For instance, is there usually a weekly or monthly or quarterly deadline for a specific car? We all know about quarterly and monthly sales goals... but i'm not talking about goals... i'm talking about how going past a certain number of days or weeks or months may cause a financial penalty for the dealer.

Does anyone know how those work, and if the clock starts ticking the day the car arrives or when people should focus trying back at the dealers where cars have been sitting? thanks!

okay... no one answered me, but i just found one answer... the current timeframe for when the dealer begins to get antsy about the cost of the car sitting on the lot right now is 60 days. I guess it depends on the marketplace and their expected profit that would offset their expenses of sitting on the car. So for now, the 60 days is most typical... after which they would be more eager to sell.

Well... not sure any CTR will sit for that long (except a few crazies like Brilliance Honda here in IL)... so, this info prob isn't going to do us any good. But, if you know of a car that has managed to sit for nearly 60 days, then you can try a bit harder to get them to budge.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
oh, duhhh... for sure -- that is the window of the 2023 CW on the right!!
πŸ‘Œ
What's interesting is the wheel center caps do not appear to have the red Honda H emblem. Not sure if that's really the case or bad lighting/angle on the photo.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
What's interesting is the wheel center caps do not appear to have the red Honda H emblem. Not sure if that's really the case or bad lighting/angle on the photo.
Yes! And, the one on the 2nd floor doesn't seem to either. I magnified it but the lighting isn't ideal there either.

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2017 Civic SI x2
How's everyone doing?
Just picked up the Civic Type R (Championship White). Excited to share with you all my journey with this car.
@Ososik & @OsosikMedia on Social

11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ tempImage4p1XWy

11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ tempImagelEyWGU

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
How's everyone doing?
Just picked up the Civic Type R (Championship White). Excited to share with you all my journey with this car.
@Ososik & @OsosikMedia on Social

tempImage4p1XWy.png

tempImagelEyWGU.png
I can't wait for the content my guy!

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
Took delivery on April 7th. Was kind of spur of the moment kind of thing. Originally wanted a Championship White car but missed out on 2 of them due to dealer shady business. Found this Boost Blue an hour and a half from me, went to look at it and was stunned by the color in person. Brought it home that day lol I love this thing, what a car!!

11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ IMG_3109
11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ IMG_3111
11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! πŸ™Œ πŸ“Έ IMG_3108