• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PPF Costs

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I've been debating PPF. My `06 S2000 has it over the front (hood, grill area, and fenders) and still looks as good as it did 17 yrs. ago. Close inspection shows no damage, even after driving through bug-infested Eastern NC on our way to the OBX. Everything washed off easily. My wife's car (no PPF) has been driven more miles and through similar-to-worse conditions, and it has just one minute (<0.5 mm) paint chip on the hood.

Now the FL5 and life in costal Florida. After asking around about the most reputable detailing shop, I requested an estimate. Here's what I was quoted (cut & pasted from email response).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reaching out to us, and congratulations on your new Type R! I will include the pricing below, please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business!

Full Front bundle pricing(Bumper, Hood, Fenders, Headlights and Mirrors) - $2300

Individual pricing
Hood - $750
Fenders - $600
Bumper - $800
Mirrors - $150
Headlights - $150

Full Car pricing - $9000 w/o spoiler, 9300 with spoiler.

The film we use is Xpel Ultimate plus with a 10 year warranty. We modify the Xpel templates to wrap edges for the cleanest possible install.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not doubting the shop's excellent reputation nor the installer's skill, but wonder if the pricing is similar to other areas around the country. $9.3K for the entire FL5 would be almost one-fifth what I paid for the car!

Comments appreciated!
Sponsored

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I would do the frontal and save the 7k.
Put it in the market and use it for a respray if needed in 10 years.

If my understanding of the universe is correct, the harder you try the more it punishes you. So after getting a full ppf someone will just back into your car:p

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Full frontal estimate of around 2k is pretty much in line with the estimaes I've received as well (also from the best most reputable places in my area).

Agree to skip full PPF, that's overkill imo

OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I would do the frontal and save the 7k.
Put it in the market and use it for a respray if needed in 10 years.

If my understanding of the universe is correct, the harder you try the more it punishes you. So after getting a full ppf someone will just back into your car:p
Good point!

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I've been debating PPF. My `06 S2000 has it over the front (hood, grill area, and fenders) and still looks as good as it did 17 yrs. ago. Close inspection shows no damage, even after driving through bug-infested Eastern NC on our way to the OBX. Everything washed off easily. My wife's car (no PPF) has been driven more miles and through similar-to-worse conditions, and it has just one minute (<0.5 mm) paint chip on the hood.

I'm not doubting the shop's excellent reputation nor the installer's skill, but wonder if the pricing is similar to other areas around the country. $9.3K for the entire FL5 would be almost one-fifth what I paid for the car!

Comments appreciated!
It's mostly about risk mitigation. OP may be able to get away without PPF since the areas frequently driven seem very low-risk at getting rock chips. It's either getting a peace-of-mind or save that for something else as long as the area most-travelled is not debris-prone.

I'm in the west coast. The Detailer who gave you the full-front quote is competitive, same as the one I was referred to. PPF the entire car is overkill in most situations unless you have a legitimate need for it.

Useful strategic or every-day high-touch locations, such the door sill area, the vertical thick door molding and the flat part of the side skirt towards the rear wheel to name a couple, are good considerations to apply PPF.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Price for front looks comparable to what Iā€™m seeing in central IL. However, thereā€™s a place in town that costs considerably more (they also use Xpel products) and they wrap around the edges of the panels. I think thatā€™s an important and useful detail (especially for the front edge of the hood). Apparently not all ppf shops do this, or maybe donā€™t have the skill and they only apply the film up to the edge. So thatā€™s something you might ask the shop if they do.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I just got my Type-R ppf'd, paint corrected, ceramic coated, and tinted. For the ppf, I got the entire front, front two doors, rear bumper, mirrors, and side skrits. All together it was about $5100 and that was using XPEL. The tint was around 500-600 so subtract that if you don't want that.

As far as I know, all XPEL dealers are roughly the same in price.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
$2400 for full front XPEL ppf here in Maine through an authorised detailer. I am going the same route: full front PPF (they had half front package as well for about $1500 but that can look bad when dirt accumulates at the edge of the ppf) seems to be the best middle ground, full body XPEL ceramic coating (10yrs warranty on the ppf if using their ceramic coat else warranty voided with other brands) for $1300, and their best tint (XPEL Ceramic) for $600. Total $4300 (all inclusive). Individually the tint is 699, ppf is 2500, and the ceramic coating is 1500. Saving 400 in a package deal. Not cheap by any means but going by prices in a state like Maine pretty reasonable.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

Now the FL5 and life in costal Florida. After asking around about the most reputable detailing shop, I requested an estimate. Here's what I was quoted (cut & pasted from email response).
Thanks for reaching out to us, and congratulations on your new Type R! I will include the pricing below, please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business!

Full Front bundle pricing(Bumper, Hood, Fenders, Headlights and Mirrors) - $2300

Individual pricing
Hood - $750
Fenders - $600
Bumper - $800
Mirrors - $150
Headlights - $150

Full Car pricing - $9000 w/o spoiler, 9300 with spoiler.

The film we use is Xpel Ultimate plus with a 10 year warranty. We modify the Xpel templates to wrap edges for the cleanest possible install.

Comments appreciated!
I had full car PPF xpel ultimate + for $5k - I think it was at cost though, definitely a good deal. Installers time plus materials. Local rates are normally $6k-$7k.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Full front had two quotes ranging from 2200-3200 and full car ranging from 5000-6300. Went for the full car at 5k.
Previous cars always wrapped just the front but after several years and many rock chips on the rear quarters decided to change and have the entire Type R wrapped within a week of picking it up from the dealer. No more worries about small debris And inadvertent contact light objects.
Major bonus is it is super easy to wash the car now and not overly worried about flipping the sponge as often and rinsing the sponge as often. Also now I can use a car cover outdoors and not worried about the wind whipping the car cover across the paint clear coat and wearing it away since the PPF is there as a sacrificial barrier

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Decided to get best PPF; hood, front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors for $2.4K by the most reputable company in Central Florida. Now Iā€™m on the fence about tinting. 28% is the legal limit (I think) in Florida but Iā€™m thinking 35% for all but windshield. Honest Question: If a car isnā€™t in the sun other than when driving (saving upholstery) and the AC works great (cooling), what purpose(s) does tinting serve or is just esthetics? Please help me out here as Iā€™ve never had tinting before.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Tinting helps reduce glare and sun directly on you, so youā€™re more comfortable. Thereā€™s some pretty awesome tint materials that actually reduce heat too. Less heat coming in means less AC needed. Not sure how it works. Xpel dealer showed it to me a couple of weeks ago while I was shopping for ppf, tint, and ceramic. They had this light box setup where I could feel the heat reduction (on my hand) as he cycled thru the 3 types of tint materials they offered.

qwertypop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000, 2022 Sienna, 2023 FL5 Type R
I'm looking to do the same. I've been quoted for $7300 in Virginia. The quote should be for a complete PPF wrap but I'll have to revisit the conversation and make sure that was their understanding as well. I really want to make sure all the touch points (doors, gas, door jamb, and bumpers of course) are covered. Will edit/update this conversation when it's done.

Will look into PPF front of my S2K as well once I'm a bit more liquid again. Will need some paint repair first though :(

OP
OP
Rad Ray

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm looking to do the same. I've been quoted for $7300 in Virginia. The quote should be for a complete PPF wrap but I'll have to revisit the conversation and make sure that was their understanding as well. I really want to make sure all the touch points (doors, gas, door jamb, and bumpers of course) are covered. Will edit/update this conversation when it's done.

Will look into PPF front of my S2K as well once I'm a bit more liquid again. Will need some paint repair first though :(
That's seems like a reasonable cost ($7.3K) for an entire wrap. I was quoted $9K for the entire FL5, which is steep in my opinion.
Sponsored