• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"Pricing and additional details on the 2023 Civic Type R coming this fall."

Koyti

First Name
Koyti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
From the description of the upcoming reveal stream:

The all-new Honda Civic Type R is the most powerful model in Type R’s 30-year history and has been engineered from the ground up to deliver thrilling performance with an addictive driving experience both on road and on the racetrack. Pricing and additional details on the 2023 Civic Type R coming this fall.
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
From the description of the upcoming reveal stream:
Yup, blows chunks….September at a minimum. Expect few details if any and another meaningless dog and pony show with no substance. Ill be pleasantly surprised if to the contrary.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Not surprising, I feel like this isn’t unique to the Type R, where they waiting til almost release, to reveal pricing.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Corvette C8 Z06 pricing was also quite delayed and turned out being higher than expected. Wonder if Honda is planning to increase pricing due to its limited availability and current car market craziness.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
More and more unveils are going this way, look at the Lotus Emira for instance. Without the worldwide fanfare of things like the Geneva motor show, manufacturers have to try something new and different

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
Corvette C8 Z06 pricing was also quite delayed and turned out being higher than expected. Wonder if Honda is planning to increase pricing due to its limited availability and current car market craziness.
They are holding off to see if inflation gets any higher, that way they can charge more.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I can’t imagine them going much higher than $45k USD, the Golf R resides around $44k, and that’s a 315hp/AWD hatch. I still think $40k-$45k will most likely be the MSRP.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
I can’t imagine them going much higher than $45k USD, the Golf R resides around $44k, and that’s a 315hp/AWD hatch. I still think $40k-$45k will most likely be the MSRP.
My prediction is $41,895 w/ destination and a $500 increase every year until the refresh, and eventually being around $44,995.

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
I highly doubt pricing will be much different to fk8, few hundred at most.
I hope it's only a few hundred. But to give you an idea the new Si is $2k more than the 2020 Si and they took some features away lol.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
My prediction is $41,895 w/ destination and a $500 increase every year until the refresh, and eventually being around $44,995.
Dealers are estimating $40k-42k, i agree w you and thinking closer to high end of the range.

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I give it 1k more maybe 39,999. Not sure if that’ll be before or after destination.

With the FK8, Honda was sort of alone in the market towards the end so they were free to raise the price. Initially though Honda had to keep the price manageable because it was competing against the Focus RS. With the new Gen Type R they’ll have to compete with the GR Corolla.

However the GR Corolla having multiple trims gives Toyota the opportunity to have a really “cheap” base trim to grab the price headline while also offering AWD.
Sponsored