• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
The wait is finally over, we are now introducing the first full 3" (76mm) downpipe / front pipe assembly on the market, available for a limited time pre-order discounted price! Pre-order customers will receive first dibs on our combo. Projected ETA is the week of April 17th, 2017.

Testing is showing that a downpipe upgrade is one of the most effective modifications to perform when looking increase power out of Honda's 1.5L turbo engine. We decided to take these findings one step further by upgrading the restrictive factory A-pipe that bottlenecks exhaust flow with a typical downpipe upgrade.

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X DSCN0055_zpsk38vtrww

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0776_zpses1qwzey

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0778_zpsgyohc77f

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0779_zps2j1f6dqe

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0780_zps5sqpfjd5

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0781_zpsckfaxfc

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0782_zpsjifwegfe

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X DSCN0053_zpsur6pesd

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X DSCN0052_zps1clvwrv

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0763_zpsyvpspsyl

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Downpipe1_zpsruimwj6k

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Midpipe1_zps8ndnkywe

Our downpipe / front pipe assembly is constructed of mandrel bent 16 gauge 304 stainless tubing and 304 stainless 3D CNC'd flanges with smooth transitions for optimal flow and fitment. All pieces are fully back-purged for weld integrity and optimal strength while the front pipe features a high quality, reinforced stainless flex section. Customers can run an aftermarket exhaust or mate our combo to the factory exhaust with the optional stock exhaust adapter. Choose between catless or 300 CEL cat.

There will be a way to offer a proper aftermarket cat that will keep CELs off unless users turn it off via KTuner or until Hondata offers any sort of support.

All kits will include gaskets, stainless hardware and components needed for a seamless installation.

We tested the catted version on our CVT shop car and the results were rather impressive!

Listed below is a dyno graph depicting a bone stock 1.5T CVT dyno without a flash (blue line), the same car with our catted downpipe and front pipe (red line), and the same car with our catted downpipe, front pipe and Hondata's +6 PSI reflash (green line). Peak torque came in about 400 RPM sooner than with the factory cat and the car picked up massive amounts of bottom end power, over 40 whp and 50 ft/lbs of tq to be exact, at about 4300 RPM. Peak gains were 10 whp and 14 ft/lbs tq while these gains held true throughout the entire power-band, with over 20 ft/lbs tq gains up top.

We initially expected similar gains from the catless version, but these catted results blew us out of the water. Scroll down to see Vit's results with our catless version on his 6MT car!

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Civic%20Comparison%202_zpsn6qfyuw

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Civic%20Comparison%2022_zps94jycuj3

Catted Downpipe + Front Pipe Gains WITHOUT Tuning on Our CVT Car:
  • 400 RPM increase in peak torque
  • 40+ hp and 50+ ft/lbs tq down low
  • 10 hp and 14 ft/lbs tq at peak
  • 10 hp and 14-20+ ft/lbs tq throughout mid-range/top

Vit Tuned Results

"...When I tuned the car stock on 87 octane bone stock, I targetted 18.4psi and the boost level stayed very close to target boost. To try and give us 1:1 results at the same boost
11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X boost_comparison-300x117
level, I actually had to target 17.5psi to get the same boost level I had before installing the downpipe. You can see this in the side by side comparison in the image to the left. I forgot to get this dyno comparison off the dyno computer before I left the shop, but keeping boost the same we saw 8-9whp on the top end and 10-20wtq gained. Keep in mind this is over our “stock tuned” 87 octane test — so we’d already worked on the timing map and fueling a bit as well. You’ll also note as we put load on the car before starting the pull — the turbo was already making almost 2psi more than before the downpipe — this will come into play later.

What does this mean to YOU? If you’re running the same tune with a freer flowing downpipe you will artificially increase the boost level a bit...

The PRL items, as always, are quality pieces. Very well done items and fitment on our car was like a glove. No rattles, no rubbing. If you don’t have a lift the install will be a bit more entertaining. On my lift it took about 2 hours to get the stock items off and this one installed. The studs in the turbo can be interesting — PRL broke theirs. I managed to get mine off without any breakage or stripping with the use of some magic lube.

So What About The Toon?
Note: blue is HP, yellow is TORQUE, orange is BOOST.

So let’s try to give it a bit more boost and see what happens? Increased the boost level about 1psi (don’t want to go crazy with 87 octane) after adjusting the timing map and such — and the results were nice. 20whp and 30-32wtq gained.

Torque came in sooner too, right? Of course — if we didn’t have the “ramp” based boost control it would of come in even sooner, but we got maybe a 200-300 rpm improvement because the turbo just wants to GOOOO with the free flowing downpipe, even if the ecu doesn’t want to let it! Peak torque however — was still the same spot. This should never really change as long as the load & ramp rate of the pull is consistent (not all dynos can control this — and certainly load will vary on the street).

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X dp_try_more_boost-300x166

But hey, let’s try to give it a little bit more. In the dashed line we increased boost a bit more (with a few other changes), and as you can see the gains were marginal — a bit more torque, but top end HP actually suffered a bit. We’re now at the limits of the fuel and I was starting to see the knock limit approaching very rapidly — don’t want to run here long term at all for reliability’s sake. But hey, overall we still saw 5-8wtq more which amounted to 35-40wtq through the mid range and we still picked up 20wtq up top.

...Expect to see diminishing returns in how much HP you can make with better fuel — on 93 expect maybe 8-10whp more with this downpipe. Of course more torque as well...

Vs Bone Stone?
Don’t really need an explanation I think?

87 octane fuel." - Vit

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X vs_stock-300x166

Gains:
  • 35-40wtq and 20whp over our car tuned bone stock on 87 octane with a 6MT Civic

Retail will be $624.99 for the combo, catted version will be an additional $125. A 50% (off retail) deposit of $312.49 or $374.99 (depending on which version you'd like) can be PayPal'd to [email protected] or called in with a CC at 724-325-6300. The remaining amount will be charged with shipping and the appropriate discount tier before shipping. Please PM us, give us a call or drop us an email with your full name, address, phone number and email for contact so we can put the information on file. We will give 10% off 9 pre-orders, 15% off if there are 10-19 pre-orders, and 20% off if there are over 20.

As much as we would like to see this assembly purchased together for maximum performance and optimal price point, we have listed the down pipe and front pipe for sale separately after popular request. To follow typical PRL suit, the downpipe and front pipe are available for 10% off intro pricing, but will not be affected by the pre-order, meaning that the names of purchasers will not be added to the combo pre-order and pricing on individual downpipes/front pipes will not see over 10% discount. Pre-order customers are still eligible for 20% discount. The pre-order ends this Friday, 4/14/17.

Downpipe $259.99/$384.99 Retail: http://prlmotorsports.com/civicxdownpipe.aspx#.WKHtX1MrKUk

Front Pipe $399.99 Retail: http://prlmotorsports.com/civicxfrontpipe.aspx#.WKHtf1MrKUk

Combo $624.99/$749.99 Retail: http://prlmotorsports.com/civicxdownpipefrontpipe.aspx#.WKHuFFMrKUk

Click here to go to website

The list has reached 20% off!

1. omigulay
2. Samuel Goyette
3. Steven Fisher
4. NeoDragons
5. kshawn
6. RallyeRedHatch
7. IronFusion
8. chiefbrody
9. Dillon Dollar
10. Tony Witcher
11. Mike McDermott
12. Alberto
13. Cesar Fernandez
14. PGammon
15. 360glitch
16. ecarranza11
17. jluff007
18. Clay Walton
19. 45Lexroc
20. E39_EmFive
and more!
Sponsored

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
The wait is finally over, we are now introducing the first full 3" (76mm) downpipe / front pipe assembly on the market, available for a limited time pre-order discounted price! Pre-order customers will receive first dibs on our combo. Projected ETA is by April 2017.

Testing is showing that a downpipe upgrade is one of the most effective modifications to perform when looking increase power out of Honda's 1.5L turbo engine. We decided to take these findings one step further by upgrading the restrictive factory A-pipe that bottlenecks exhaust flow with a typical downpipe upgrade.

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0765_zpss5pw0cwc

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0766_zpsdeof5hve

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X IMG_0763_zpsyvpspsyl

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Downpipe1_zpsruimwj6k

11th Gen Honda Civic PRL Motorsports Downpipe / Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X Midpipe1_zps8ndnkywe

Our downpipe / front pipe assembly is constructed of mandrel bent 16 gauge 304 stainless tubing and 304 stainless 3D CNC'd flanges with smooth transitions for optimal flow and fitment. All pieces are fully back-purged for weld integrity and optimal strength while the front pipe features a high quality, reinforced stainless flex section. Customers can run an aftermarket exhaust or mate our combo to the factory exhaust with the optional stock exhaust adapter.

All kits will include gaskets, stainless hardware and components needed for a seamless installation. Dyno numbers and testing data will be released within the next few days. High resolution pictures will be released tomorrow.

Retail will be $649.99 for the combo. We will give 10% off if there are 9 pre-orders, 15% off if there are 10-19 pre-orders, and 20% off if there are over 20. Let the list begin!
Same price for cat and non cat versions?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
$800 is to rich for my liking even at 10% off.
That is fine, there is a quite a bit of money in full stainless, back-purged and high quality catted piece like this. There will always be an Asian manufacturer that is cheaper.

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
That is fine, there is a quite a bit of money in full stainless, back-purged and high quality catted piece like this. There will always be anice Asian manufacturer that is cheaper.
I won't buy cheap anything it's not worth my time or money.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Catted version will be $150 extra
$650 is for the downpipe and mid pipe? how much extra for the adapter to stock exhaust? also will you make an angle o2 adapter for the cel or should i just buy one online somewhere

put me down for the downpipe/mid pipe depending how much that adapter cost

Last edited:

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
I won't buy cheap anything it's not worth my time or money.
Customers can rest assured that when they buy a PRL product that it performs and fits like a premium product. That's the market we are here for and will continue to strive to be. Just know that we will stand behind our products 100%.

$650 is for the downpipe and mid pipe? how much extra for the adapter to stock exhaust? also will you make an angle o2 adapter for the cel or should i just buy one online somewhere

put me down for the downpipe/mid pipe depending how much that adapter cost
Adapterss will be free with pre-orders, pricing is undecided yet. We have no plans on an angled o2 adapter, butnwe may offer them as a drop down option, not made by us. Pm your info please.

Didn't @PRL Motorsports mention that Ktuner might offer a option to turn off that O2 sensor?I don't think the current Flash pro offers that.
Correct sir.

Ca562

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra and Ek hatch
can't wait to see the dyno results on both the cat and no cat versions.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
If we get to the -20% I'll add my name......I'll be watching!!!! How long to get on the list?
Sponsored