• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Purchased Integra 6spd with tech

veejayy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe turbo
Hello,
So I purchased an Integra instead of Si but only after a futile search for getting the Si I wanted.

So the purpose of this email is to describe why and how I feel about the car.

1) Wanted an Si. I have had 3 Si in the last 15 years (07, ’10, ’15).
2) I got tired of “dicking” around with the dealers in terms of both supply and price. (Happy to pay 6% over but not 19% over)
3) Mainly it was about supply and color though.
4) Meanwhile the top trim Si cousin the Integra are sitting on lots.
5) Price differential between Si and Integra when you figure ADM on Si depending on dealer was from $7k to $3K.
6) I was afraid to pull the plug on the Integra because I thought it would be soft.
7) Test drove one (Integra) and thought it sounded and handled great with very good steering feel and cornering on all seasons.
8) Still was on fence and went back and test drove a used 2022. Liked it but saw no appreciable difference in driving dynamics. Again went back the next morning and started calling dealers for Si and then…..
9) Finally said “eff it” and bought Integra from an Acura dealer 10 min from me. Took 1.5 hours to get done and then was home with it.

Commentary (my own opinions):

Let me get this out of the way first. People say the Si looks so much better. I would say the Si DEFINITELY looks better but “so much” better we can quibble on.

The three drive modes don’t seem to have much of a difference to me but again I have not taken it to a track or on really twisty roads yet. I bet dollars to donuts that your sport mode is fine in the Si. You don’t need all the dampering.

It is NOT a softer Si that matters anyway. It sounds great and the handling is tight. The car shrinks around you like the Si does. Again I am on all seasons so when summer spring comes will but summers on it.

Note- the CVT version does NOT have LSD. Because I have bad hip I was seriously considering auto but no LSD was a dealer killer. I have other Hondas with CVT and do not mind it at all but no LSD for this car, no deal. You can feel the LSD pull you through the corners in this car like the Si version of it.

It has a lot of little features that Si does not have that I did not care about but now like. Heads up display is one. Never had one.

Conclusion:
So this is the curse of the Integra isn’t it? For people like us we are not insulted that it is described as essentially an expensive Si with incremental features. EXACTLY- that gave me an option that I would not have had in 2020 given the supply issues with Si.

But judging of how at least in Jersey area these (Integra) sit on the lot (6sp) I am guessing that most people who want an Acura want more than that or maybe once the CVTs start hitting the show room people with buy the cheaper and lower trim level. Or they are thinking “gee for that Acura 6 spd I can get an Si for less”. They are right. I just lost my patience. Time is money.

Completely satisfied with the purchase. Once I am inside and driving it I feel like it has the soul of your Si and all the ones I have owned in the past and right now that is all that matters to me in my life!

Best!
Sponsored

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Great, honest feedback on the new Integra. I'm glad you are happy with it and once you are inside driving it, who cares if it doesn't look like an Si. I suspect if the A-Spec had the Accord 2.0 turbo, there would be not sitting on the lots. Ultimately, I didn't want to pay the Acura premium for essentially a tarted up Si but was fortunate to get into one at MSRP at a local dealer.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Good review! Thanks. The Type S with a 2.0 will probably be calling my name...I really want a Type R, but good luck with that, am I right.

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
Good review! Thanks. The Type S with a 2.0 will probably be calling my name...I really want a Type R, but good luck with that, am I right.
Already looking like Type-Rs will easily be 15-20k over list. As wonderful as the car is, def not worth it. I'd rather Spend 2,500 over for an SI and go FBO with a tune for my daily. I wonder what the markup on the Type-S would look like. I couldn't imagine it would be found for MSRP, especially if it is essentially a detuned Type-R. Type-R production is looking like it will be low and a lot of prospective buyers will likely be missing out. That may drive them to the Type-S and cause enough demand to drive the costs up there.

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
No pictures?????

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Already looking like Type-Rs will easily be 15-20k over list. As wonderful as the car is, def not worth it. I'd rather Spend 2,500 over for an SI and go FBO with a tune for my daily. I wonder what the markup on the Type-S would look like. I couldn't imagine it would be found for MSRP, especially if it is essentially a detuned Type-R. Type-R production is looking like it will be low and a lot of prospective buyers will likely be missing out. That may drive them to the Type-S and cause enough demand to drive the costs up there.
It’s really going to depend on where you are, and if you’ve done any leg work leading up to now. If you’re in an area where all dealers are taking deposits, it’s probably too late, my area, none are taking deposits. So it is still possible. As for markups, I’ve seen everything from 10k-25k, depending on the dealer. It’s probably really going to be a crap shoot for 75% of us out there.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
nice review, post some pics, I like the look of the Integra just fine. I really wanted adjustable dampers on my Si but as I see it I don't want a car any softer than what my Si is. So I would never use the other two settings anyhow. I wanted a stiff car and I got it, if I had adjustable settings it would be full hard all the time and from what I read the Si fixed setting is stiffer than the Integra at full hard.

Congrats on the purchase enjoy the ride.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
My local Acura deale only sells at MSRP. Even the TypeS models. I picked up my Aspec there and told my salesman to hold a TypeS for me when they come out.
Sponsored