• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rattle when decelerating.

aingoglia12

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2014 Focus ST
I recently purchased a 2022 Civic Si and I noticed there is a rattle when decelerating in gear. The second I push my clutch in, it goes away. Anyone else have this or is it something I should be concerned about. Haven't taken it to the dealer since dealers usually annoy me lol
Sponsored

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Itā€™s a brand new car, take it to the dealer lol. Record it so that you have an example in case they canā€™t reproduce it, but they should be taking care of it if itā€™s actually an issue.

HardLuckFE1

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Civic Si
Could be a number of things, simplest fix would be heat shielding. Check if itā€™s specific to a certain rpm.
But ya, warranty claim that sucker

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Have a back panel rattle that wonā€™t go away either when playing music. Dealer says itā€™s normal. Bullshit itā€™s not

Treyhalesi22

First Name
trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic si
I have the same annoying rattle and i heard it was loud injectors in low duty or like lower RPMs

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have the same issue, can you let us know what you do about it and if youā€™re able to make it stop?

I only really hear it on my narrow residential streets that have a small hill and fence next to the road where the sound bounces back to me but itā€™s definitely there. Reminds me of a lighter version of the heat shield rattle I had on my old 98 Civic DX.

Hoping to trade it in soon for an FL5 and am first on a list, so may be moot, but if I end up keeping this thing Iā€™d like to know what to so. Iā€™m not convinced I can even record it in a meaningful way.

MASTER240SX

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 type r
Definitely a waste-gate rattle.
I just had my turbo replaced due to the same issue and the noise is still there and might actually be louder.
Seems like a poor design

LNF

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I have the same issue, can you let us know what you do about it and if youā€™re able to make it stop?

I only really hear it on my narrow residential streets that have a small hill and fence next to the road where the sound bounces back to me but itā€™s definitely there. Reminds me of a lighter version of the heat shield rattle I had on my old 98 Civic DX.

Hoping to trade it in soon for an FL5 and am first on a list, so may be moot, but if I end up keeping this thing Iā€™d like to know what to so. Iā€™m not convinced I can even record it in a meaningful way.
I recently purchased a 2022 Civic Si and I noticed there is a rattle when decelerating in gear. The second I push my clutch in, it goes away. Anyone else have this or is it something I should be concerned about. Haven't taken it to the dealer since dealers usually annoy me lol
Have either of you gotten the rattle fixed / warranty repaired? Having the same issue on a 2023 Integra. It's just noticeable and is starting to drive me nuts. It seems to quiet down after a long drive for me and is most noticeable after cold start deceleration.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Have either of you gotten the rattle fixed / warranty repaired? Having the same issue on a 2023 Integra. It's just noticeable and is starting to drive me nuts. It seems to quiet down after a long drive for me and is most noticeable after cold start deceleration.
I havenā€™t. Iā€™m hesitating to even take it in because you canā€™t really hear it unless youā€™re driving next to a wall or fence that will bounce the sound back to you. I donā€™t want to waste time with the dealer and may be trading it in for an FL5 soon, mine is ā€œin transit.ā€

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
wastegate rattle seems to be most common, yet I've never heard it once on my car.

LNF

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I havenā€™t. Iā€™m hesitating to even take it in because you canā€™t really hear it unless youā€™re driving next to a wall or fence that will bounce the sound back to you. I donā€™t want to waste time with the dealer and may be trading it in for an FL5 soon, mine is ā€œin transit.ā€
Iā€™m bringing in the car for an issue with the braking system on Thursday, so they are going to look at the rattle as well. Service Manager believes they have fixed the rattle in the past.

Best of luck to you on the FL5 purchase! The only dealer by me that is marking up less than $10k has over a two year waiting period.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Iā€™m bringing in the car for an issue with the braking system on Thursday, so they are going to look at the rattle as well. Service Manager believes they have fixed the rattle in the past.

Best of luck to you on the FL5 purchase! The only dealer by me that is marking up less than $10k has over a two year waiting period.
Thanks! And let me know about the rattle please, the FL5 is not a done deal just yet. I have first right of refusal and outside of the trade in market still being solid Iā€™m very happy with the Si. Happy enough to walk away from the FL5ā€¦
Sponsored