• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Release date guesses?

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX
Any guess for the release dates for the sedans, hatches, Si, and Type R?
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I don't know exact dates but the sedans are this summer. The hatches will follow in the fall. Si & Type R by the middle of next year.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Si/Type R is speculating end of 2021/early 2022

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm hoping they'll have the hatch and Si model(s) out by the end of the year. It would make some sense the CTR might be delayed slightly into early next year. Hoping we'll see the sedans on sale by early June. Reveal the hatch/Si models come September. October sale for hatches. December sale for Si models. Given that honda hasn't even provide full and complete specs for the US model civic yet, they're certainly not in any rush...

UPDATE: A reliable source out of Louisiana dealership network has stated the first deliveries will happen May 22nd-25th.

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX
IMG_20210503_121558.jpg

Also, here is the confirmed pricing before delivery. Should be $995 like the 10th gen.
Nice info! So the Sport doesn’t get the better engine… looks like EX at minimum if I want the sedan. Tempted to pickup a ‘21 Hatch Sport for now and then trade in on a Hatch or Si in the fall.

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX
IMG_20210503_121558.jpg

Also, here is the confirmed pricing before delivery. Should be $995 like the 10th gen.
Are dealers taking orders already? Like can I reserve one now and get it in less than a month?

OP
OP

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX
Wow and no paddle shifters on the EX? So you can get the sport with paddles but the weak engine, or you can get the EX with the better engine but no paddles. Seems like they are really wanting to drive people to the touring to get all the good stuff this time around.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The fact that there is a $3600 gap between the EX and Touring with the other trims having roughly a $1500 gap really makes me think the Si model will end up slotting between the EX and Touring where the EXL used to live and will get a selection of trickle down features from the Touring. So roughly looking at $26,200 for an Si, maybe $27,000 if they offer an auto option, which seems like a good spread.

Compared to the prices for the 10th gen, pricing only increased a few hundred per trim with the biggest jump being on the LX from the current LX sedan. But the touring actually got no price increase despite the new features. I can't get over how much they seem to have neutered the EX trim however. But my EX coupe has more features baked in than the EX sedan did, they could've migrated the 10-speaker honda stereo my 19 has to the new EX sedan IMO, and no fog lights just seems like a weird omission... but maybe they think the Si will be the better value and higher sales volume IF they offer an auto (kind of like the Sport compared to the LX).

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
As always, Honda has some of the weirdest packaging in the industry. I mean, you have to get a Touring to get a sunglasses holder? No foglights in the EX? No XM/HD radio in anything but the Touring? WTF?
the sunglasses holder should be standard across all trims. How much could it add to the cost? That would be like offering a center console only in certain trims.

Honda finally added a heated steering wheel which was a big omission in Canada as everyone else offered it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Yep. Honda is strange that way. It took me a while to get used to the odd packaging after having Korean cars for a while.

I still find it weird Honda considers things like sunglasses holders, variable intermittent wipers and heated side mirrors as premium features when they were standard in even the base model versions of cars I previously owned.

Even the interior setup is odd. Every other car I've owned in the past that had cloth seats used sturdier vinyl on wear and tear areas like doors and armrests. Honda uses cloth.

I'm a fan of Honda mechanically but in other areas they are odd.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
So no xm, no power drivers seat, no fogs for the EX?? Wowza. I Bet the touring loses the heated rear seats too.

Si better have XM radio.

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
I was told by my local Honda dealership the 2022 will be on the lot sometime may/June. Hatches in the fall
Sponsored