• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RV6 Type R retro fit clutch and flywheel

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Nice video! This is a great kit and it is always our #1 recommendation for 1.5T clutch kits.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Been doing a lot of digging since buying the car but can't seem to find the answer to this question. With the change from the 10th gen DMF to the 11th gen SMF, is there a reason to change the flywheel when upgrading the clutch? Assuming the Type-R clutch requires this, but is there a reason to not just get a better clutch that works with the OE flywheel?

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
The OEM CTR clutch has a larger diameter so for similar pedal pressure, it can hold a lot more TQ. You can for sure get a OEM style replacement clutch that works with the OEM 11th gen SMF and will hold more TQ than stock. The downside is that it will have a lot more pedal pressure than a comparable CTR clutch.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Understood, thanks for the explanation. That definitely makes it a worthwhile change for me considering I drive mountain roads daily on my commute and spend a lot of time in/out on the clutch. Upgrading and having a ton of extra pedal pressure just to hold enough torque to support FBO upgrades would be a no-go for sure. Thanks!
Sponsored