• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Safely Lifting Your Honda’s Windshield Wipers

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
Informative. Thank you for posting.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Thanks for posting! I encountered this when I was washing my car for the first time. Nice to know the official guidance.

andyg

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also on page 615 of your owner's manual ;)

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I swapped out my wipers due to the factory ones lifting in cold weather, this maintenance setting is a must to prevent damage. I never would have known about it if I had not read about it in a post, the dealer really needs to show you this when you pick up your car.

Wishkah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I swapped out my wipers due to the factory ones lifting in cold weather, this maintenance setting is a must to prevent damage. I never would have known about it if I had not read about it in a post, the dealer really needs to show you this when you pick up your car.
How did you find replacement blades? Went to autozone and they had no part info for our vehicle. Took the old blades off to measure them but the new blades didn't fit even with the adapter. Had to return/refund and put the crappy stock ones back on.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you find replacement blades? Went to autozone and they had no part info for our vehicle. Took the old blades off to measure them but the new blades didn't fit even with the adapter. Had to return/refund and put the crappy stock ones back on.
You have to buy OE versions of any blades you get, and then modify the one clip that comes with them slightly, just clipping off two plastic "ears" so the blade slides deeper into the wiper arm. There are no aftermarket wipers listed for our cars yet, but I am able to modify the clips that come with OE style wipers - our cars use a 19 inch and 24 inch wiper.

But saying that my blades were crappy today, so I don't know what is happening as I have driven in much worse weather without any issues compared to today. The only issue today was I was driving in a cross wind, so I think it might be wind related ?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oddly enough my WRX wipers are doing the same thing, looking at them this morning they don't completely touch the windshield. The wipers are brand new just installed in late fall months, Michelin wipers, different car and different wipers but same issue, very odd but still frustrating.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today I drove home 2 hours at highway speeds in frigid temps, crappy snow, and zero issues with the wipers today, I don't get it, they work perfect in really bad weather but they can act up in much better weather.
Sponsored

Last edited: