• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SCCA Autocross Stock Class

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
I guess I'll start this subforum off. What stock class would this fall under? Also what Street Touring class? I'm assuming the same as the FK8?
Sponsored

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
I'm thinking it will still be D-Street, though there were talks of BS (I don't believe BS is the place for it).

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR, 2023 Integra aspec MT
I'm thinking it will still be D-Street, though there were talks of BS (I don't believe BS is the place for it).
My guess is BS. The FK8 has raw timed BS in the past and with more wheel and tire! Not to mention if there really are only 1000 type r's coming to the states, they wont put a car in a class like DS where everyone would have to buy one if they wanted to be competitive. I purchased my BS letters already lol.

It may not be the car to have in BS but I think it will compete for sure.

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
Canā€™t wait to get back in to autocross! Once I get an FL5 Iā€™ll be using that and probably staying in the stock class. Iā€™ll have to read up on the rules again. Thanks for the info and Iā€™ll be watching your page.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Anyone know if it's possible to swap to 18" wheels and still stay in BS classing? What is the limit for width/offset/tire to stay in the class?

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know if it's possible to swap to 18" wheels and still stay in BS classing? What is the limit for width/offset/tire to stay in the class?

yep!

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
My guess is BS. The FK8 has raw timed BS in the past and with more wheel and tire! Not to mention if there really are only 1000 type r's coming to the states, they wont put a car in a class like DS where everyone would have to buy one if they wanted to be competitive. I purchased my BS letters already lol.

It may not be the car to have in BS but I think it will compete for sure.
My region put me in DS at the last event temporarily (we can move me in the results if needed) and I was 1st out of 6. I figured it would have caused a stink (all Frisbees but me), but I would have finished with a larger margin in BS had I run that class. Granted, this was a local, non-points winter event. DS had a lot of our veterans running, so that explains the closer margin. After the event, I agree that BS is the better place for it.

I'm mainly excited about the classing because I can now order my letters/numbers lol. I haven't heard about classing for SCCA TT, but I'm thinking it may be Sport 3 like the FK8 due to the allowed modifications erasing the stock FL5 advantages over the FK8. That said, it's possible it will be Sport 2 due to FL5 availability/newness.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.millteksport.com/part-res-catback-ssxho280mp.html

I was going to order this up today but then i read the rule book. sadly this isnt legal because it replaces a factory heat shield. stupid autoX rules :(

now would someone protest you? probably not, could someone, yes. weenie protest, absolutely but i personally don't want to chance it.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
295s, holy crap. Howā€™s that change the handling dynamics?
Iā€™ll find out when I drive it šŸ˜‚. Havenā€™t had an event yet šŸ˜¢