• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Seats in the Civic Si

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I purchased the ‘22 Si a couple of weeks ago. Love it so far with the exception of two things so I’m hoping people who own one can chime in.

A) the seating position / comfort. i’m used to these kind of seats (owned a focus ST with recaros for 3 years) i’m 6’4 185 lbs (skinny tall guy) and i seem to be having trouble having a comfortable seating position. i always find myself adjusting when i get in and out of the car every day. essentially my lower back is kinda digging into the seat and it gets uncomfortable after awhile. it's a little bit better now that i raised it all the way but my head is almost hitting the top lol

B) I’ve noticed that the back panel rattles where the sub is when playing songs? dealer said it was normal but i don’t have time right now to have them investigate. bass all the way up or down doesn’t matter. some songs rattle depending on the freq of the bass. luckily it doesn’t rattle when going over bumps. any tips or ideas? i’ll probably go back to the dealer when i have more time

thanks!
Sponsored

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
As far as the seats go, I have a buddy that’s a similar build and he just got a lumbar pad that hangs over the seat in his car. Not ideal, but he doesn’t care. I’ve always found any Honda I’ve driven to have seating positions meant for not very tall people. I’m 176 cm (5’9”ish) and I find that I feel large in most Hondas.

For the rattle I’d play some music when you have time and try to find what’s rattling. It’s just most likely resonating with whatever frequency is playing. I’ve generally just put some foam on whatever is rattling to dampen it, did that for a few family members cars that had that happening and they’ve never complained about it. Post back if you find what it is!

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
As far as the seats go, I have a buddy that’s a similar build and he just got a lumbar pad that hangs over the seat in his car. Not ideal, but he doesn’t care. I’ve always found any Honda I’ve driven to have seating positions meant for not very tall people. I’m 176 cm (5’9”ish) and I find that I feel large in most Hondas.
Which lumbar pad did he get?

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
The seats are the only things that I think are worse in this than in my previous car, a 2011 Si. The lumbar support and side-bolstering are less prominent and the foam density and resilience seems lower in the seat and back.

Can’t have it all, I guess.

Jackleg

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
I've found the seat in my Si is not forgiving if I have a wallet or anything in my back pocket or even sitting on my coat tail. Eliminate these things and it seems fine, have driven for a few hours no problem.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I've found the seat in my Si is not forgiving if I have a wallet or anything in my back pocket or even sitting on my coat tail. Eliminate these things and it seems fine, have driven for a few hours no problem.
Shouldn't be sitting with wallet in the rear pocket anyways. Good way to mis-allign your spine
Sponsored