• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

seats

leodan

Reaction score
Car(s)
ex-L
Country flag
Wonder if the seats will be significantly improved. Doubt they will have vented seats as they would want it reserved for the accord, and they have not mention it as part of the touring option. I think that the gen x seats lack something. Not sure if the length of the bottom is too short or what. Another inquire I have is how difficult it will be to get into them or out of them. The current gen. are quite low making it a challenge to ingress or egress especially to the older crowd or those out of shape.

delfinom

Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
Country flag
The rear seats are visibily identical to the 10th gen in some photos.

From photos, the Sport trim appears to have identical seats to the 10th gen (you can see that center fabric strip). The ex has cloth accord-like (cloth seat shown without fabric strip) seats and the touring has leather accord-like seats.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Country flag
Yeah, seats were a weak point and one of the reasons I traded from the SI to the Type R. The Type R seats not only look cool, and hold you in place, but they are very comfortable on longer drives, no soreness or stiffness getting out. The SI seats seemed okay at first, but after a year or so the driver's seat was uncomfortable enough to warrant a leather driving cushion. Which worked, but clearly the seat cushion did not hold up over time. And I am just average height / weight. I kept the cushion, but have never needed it in the Type R. Probably never will.

Back seats in the SI and Type R, and even front seats in the SI, scream cost cutting. More surprised about the Type R, looks like the rear seats are from another car completely. Doubt it would have cost Honda very much to do nicer rear seats. They were already buying a lot of Alcantara. But hey, your rear passengers have room to spread out and cupholders, so they can sip their drinks and admire the faux carbon fiber on the back of the good seats.

I atually liked the look of my '17 SI front seats- they just made my posterior sore eventually, not okay. The FK8 seats after a year still feel like a hug and a smooch every time. I always thought leather seats were the best, especially vented, and loved the ones in my old Saab 900 Turbo for example, but the Alcantara wonders in the Type R go to the top of the list. Even without any lumbar adjustment, they are perfect.

Getting in and out is not that hard for me, and worth it for the ideal racing position found in the CTR.. People overstate the challenge. I have been in and out of a Lotus Elise. Now that is a major deal, I don't care how small and nimble you are. The Honda? With those soft side bolsters, no biggie. Honda got it right.

OP

leodan

Reaction score
Car(s)
ex-L
Country flag
If the seats are from the accord that would be a very nice thing indeed.

ebhaynz

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
The seats were a big reason I bought the 10 Gen Si, I just couldn't stand the Civic Sport Hatch seats. The Si front seats never bothered me at all, even during 3 of my cross country trips.
As far as seat height goes, I believe I read this 11 Gen will ride higher, which is a big plus.