• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Improved seats in 2022 Civic?

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
Wonder if the seats will be significantly improved. Doubt they will have vented seats as they would want it reserved for the accord, and they have not mention it as part of the touring option. I think that the gen x seats lack something. Not sure if the length of the bottom is too short or what. Another inquire I have is how difficult it will be to get into them or out of them. The current gen. are quite low making it a challenge to ingress or egress especially to the older crowd or those out of shape.
Sponsored

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
The rear seats are visibily identical to the 10th gen in some photos.

From photos, the Sport trim appears to have identical seats to the 10th gen (you can see that center fabric strip). The ex has cloth accord-like (cloth seat shown without fabric strip) seats and the touring has leather accord-like seats.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Yeah, seats were a weak point and one of the reasons I traded from the SI to the Type R. The Type R seats not only look cool, and hold you in place, but they are very comfortable on longer drives, no soreness or stiffness getting out. The SI seats seemed okay at first, but after a year or so the driver's seat was uncomfortable enough to warrant a leather driving cushion. Which worked, but clearly the seat cushion did not hold up over time. And I am just average height / weight. I kept the cushion, but have never needed it in the Type R. Probably never will.

Back seats in the SI and Type R, and even front seats in the SI, scream cost cutting. More surprised about the Type R, looks like the rear seats are from another car completely. Doubt it would have cost Honda very much to do nicer rear seats. They were already buying a lot of Alcantara. But hey, your rear passengers have room to spread out and cupholders, so they can sip their drinks and admire the faux carbon fiber on the back of the good seats.

I atually liked the look of my '17 SI front seats- they just made my posterior sore eventually, not okay. The FK8 seats after a year still feel like a hug and a smooch every time. I always thought leather seats were the best, especially vented, and loved the ones in my old Saab 900 Turbo for example, but the Alcantara wonders in the Type R go to the top of the list. Even without any lumbar adjustment, they are perfect.

Getting in and out is not that hard for me, and worth it for the ideal racing position found in the CTR.. People overstate the challenge. I have been in and out of a Lotus Elise. Now that is a major deal, I don't care how small and nimble you are. The Honda? With those soft side bolsters, no biggie. Honda got it right.

OP
OP
leodan

leodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda civic touring
If the seats are from the accord that would be a very nice thing indeed.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
The seats were a big reason I bought the 10 Gen Si, I just couldn't stand the Civic Sport Hatch seats. The Si front seats never bothered me at all, even during 3 of my cross country trips.
As far as seat height goes, I believe I read this 11 Gen will ride higher, which is a big plus.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I personally hope they don't change the seating position, or at least make the seats adjustable enough to keep the low seating position. I love the low seating position in my 10th gen. A tall ride height just makes the car feel like a bus, and diminishes headroom. I like having my shoulder more or less level where the door panel/side window meet. I typically have my seat set all the way to the lowest position, as far back from the wheel as it'll slide, back rest slightly reclined.

Many car reviews I've read of otherwise good small cars always get called out for too-high seating position. And with the new lower cowl and dash height of the 11th, it makes even less sense to raise the seating position up.

Personal opinion of course. That's why the height adjustable seats are nice. If anything Honda could add height adjustment to the front passenger seat as well.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
The seats were a big reason I bought the 10 Gen Si, I just couldn't stand the Civic Sport Hatch seats. The Si front seats never bothered me at all, even during 3 of my cross country trips.
As far as seat height goes, I believe I read this 11 Gen will ride higher, which is a big plus.
Funny.... OP hated Si seats, traded for a Type R. Next poster hated Sport Hatch seats, opted for an Si. I personally love Sport Hatch seats, but too frugal to purchase an Si or Type R. 3 people, 3 different seat preferences.

I also agree with above post, the seat must be in the absolute lowest position.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Funny.... OP hated Si seats, traded for a Type R. Next poster hated Sport Hatch seats, opted for an Si. I personally love Sport Hatch seats, but too frugal to purchase an Si or Type R. 3 people, 3 different seat preferences.

I also agree with above post, the seat must be in the absolute lowest position.
And I really don’t like the Si seats anymore, loved the bolstered feel at first but without an adjustable headrest I really am never comfortable. Neck always unsupported. Big reason why I will probably go to touring or RSX/Integra when it goes on sale

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I personally hope they don't change the seating position, or at least make the seats adjustable enough to keep the low seating position. I love the low seating position in my 10th gen. A tall ride height just makes the car feel like a bus, and diminishes headroom. I like having my shoulder more or less level where the door panel/side window meet. I typically have my seat set all the way to the lowest position, as far back from the wheel as it'll slide, back rest slightly reclined.

Many car reviews I've read of otherwise good small cars always get called out for too-high seating position. And with the new lower cowl and dash height of the 11th, it makes even less sense to raise the seating position up.

Personal opinion of course. That's why the height adjustable seats are nice. If anything Honda could add height adjustment to the front passenger seat as well.
+1 this was shockingly apparent when I test drove the new GLI and then a Sport hatch - the GLI felt like a bus, and the Sport like a sports car in comparison. I do have to put the Si seat all the way down to maximize headroom, but that's a headroom issue.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
+1 this was shockingly apparent when I test drove the new GLI and then a Sport hatch - the GLI felt like a bus, and the Sport like a sports car in comparison. I do have to put the Si seat all the way down to maximize headroom, but that's a headroom issue.
Why do I think of this guy after reading your post? :cool:

11th Gen Honda Civic Improved seats in 2022 Civic? matt-frewer-3aafc0d7f1a3a9df5ca31f5bf17a9c7b91f9b43f-s800-c85