• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Some info on next gen type R and specifically its tires.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Hey all, So first let me say none of this is official or anything more then what a group of us was told today. I would take it with a grain of salt for now and I just wanted to share because any info on next gen is always interesting.

So today myself and a group of Type R owners were at the Michelin headquarters in SC for their huge cars and coffee. We saw a cool car and got talking to its owner and turns out he works for Michelin and is on some team that actually works with honda on new products. He started asking us about the R and the tires and how his team says man those continental are so thin and would cause "Rim pinch" I think he called it. Where the tire hits a hole or something and splits the tire. Anyway, he then goes on to tell us that Honda Wants to get the track record back from renault, even though no one really counts that record, and this time they want to do it on a tire that they are also gonna sell on the car at retail. Same tire on record and on retail car. As we all know last record was set on tires that were not sold with the car. He also mentioned they are considering alternative sizes for the tires. We were awesome cause the 20 inch are pretty much hated by the tuner community.

But from what it sounds like Honda is gonna up the game and maybe produce an improved R for the next gen? Cause they want record back and It may come with 19s and Michelins? Again grain of salt, just because Honda talked with them does not mean they will go that route. The guy talked pretty open about it so I don't think he was telling us any secrets or anything at least I hope not. :)
Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Hey all, So first let me say none of this is official or anything more then what a group of us was told today. I would take it with a grain of salt for now and I just wanted to share because any info on next gen is always interesting.

So today myself and a group of Type R owners were at the Michelin headquarters in SC for their huge cars and coffee. We saw a cool car and got talking to its owner and turns out he works for Michelin and is on some team that actually works with honda on new products. He started asking us about the R and the tires and how his team says man those continental are so thin and would cause "Rim pinch" I think he called it. Where the tire hits a hole or something and splits the tire. Anyway, he then goes on to tell us that Honda Wants to get the track record back from renault, even though no one really counts that record, and this time they want to do it on a tire that they are also gonna sell on the car at retail. Same tire on record and on retail car. As we all know last record was set on tires that were not sold with the car. He also mentioned they are considering alternative sizes for the tires. We were awesome cause the 20 inch are pretty much hated by the tuner community.

But from what it sounds like Honda is gonna up the game and maybe produce an improved R for the next gen? Cause they want record back and It may come with 19s and Michelins? Again grain of salt, just because Honda talked with them does not mean they will go that route. The guy talked pretty open about it so I don't think he was telling us any secrets or anything at least I hope not. :)
I believe that they already reclaimed the record.
Birds told me.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2005 WRX Wagon, 2013 X5M, 2019 Type R!!!
I hope others are reporting these posts.
Why? It's a discussion about tires on the upcoming Type R.

I don't have a Type R myself, am I not allowed to make threads and converse either?

So confused.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Why? It's a discussion about tires on the upcoming Type R.

I don't have a Type R myself, am I not allowed to make threads and converse either?

So confused.

If you make quality posts, then please make them.

If you make posts constantly promoting yourself, your new non type r car, or completely off topic items, then I'd say this isn't a place for you.

Putrid Pete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Scion FRS
If you make quality posts, then please make them.

If you make posts constantly promoting yourself, your new non type r car, or completely off topic items, then I'd say this isn't a place for you.

Harley has made many posts that rubbed me wrong. This isn't one of them. Stop looking for a reason to be a jerk, there's nothing wrong with this post. And he might actually be right here...

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Whenever I see a Harlaquin post, I just sit back and get my popcorn ready

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Whenever I see a Harlaquin post, I just sit back and get my popcorn ready
Well at least a few of you see them for the entertainment they are meant as. I mean how many times can you come here and see post after post about tires and suspension and exhaust time after time after time. Things need some mixing up :) People need to lighten up. Ill make posts and we will both sit back with popcorn and watch the uptights get bent out of shape together. :popcorn::popcorn:

But this is a serious post and some info I thought some might want to know since so many are big into the tires. But I guess not. oh well.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
So where will these "next gen" R be built?
Hatch production is moving back to US. If they don’t discontinue the R after 2021, it’ll be built here.

happy hopping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2010
I just can't understand why can't Honda TYpe R at its new 400HP model, doesn't make one with a 2 door option.
Sponsored